Hello there! 💚 I hope you’re having a great day (: I have been wanting to write this post for months. I don’t know why I didn’t do it before, and I’m also not sure why it has stuck with me for so long. 😂 Regardless, I went ahead and wrote it now so that I could check it off my ‘blog posts to write’ list! (It’s more of a mental list than a paper one, though.)
Funnily enough, this post is about lists!
Continue reading “The Art Of The To Do List (Tips + Tricks)”
Hello there, and Happy Friday to you! ❤ I hope you’re doing well 🙂 In this post, I will be looking back on how I spent the month of March, which I have to say was truly enjoyable as a whole! I accomplished many of the tasks that were on my to-do list for the month (which I’ll share below!), experienced some fun things with my family, and I also got back into blogging this month. I can’t wait to tell you about all of it!
How was your March? I really hope it was a good month for you, and also that you’re looking forward to April as much as I am! 🙂 Let me know in the comments below: what did you love about March? And what are you excited about in April? I’d love to know! Now I’m happy to give you today’s post. I hope you like reading it!
March’s To-Do List:
Checking Things Off
- watch some more movies. I’m very happy to say that I did this one! I usually don’t get around to watching new films, but I was able to in March because we bought different family films online and found other good movies at second-hand stores that we all enjoyed. My favorite of the month would have to be Jack, which Robin Williams is in, because it was SO good!
- continue to organize digital photos. I didn’t take as many photos as I would have thought I would in March, haha – and that’s actually a very good thing! I found myself living in the moment more these past few weeks, which means my camera wasn’t always out (: Because of this, my pictures folder is still quite organized, which makes me happy.
- read (at least!) one book. Because it was on my list, I did end up reading, but I only got around to my minimum requirement! In March, I read one cozy mystery on my mom’s tablet, which I ended up really enjoying – it’s called Alice In Murderland (the actual book is lighthearted, not matching the title whatsoever) by Samantha Silver. It was fun, witty, and I had no idea throughout the book who the culprit was! If you like mysteries, I definitely recommend this one. ❤
master my favorite settings on my camera. Because of different circumstances with my family, as well as uneven priorities, I did not work on my camera very much this past month. However, this is one of my main goals for April, so I will be carrying it over into next month’s list!
finish the Spanish courses on Memrise. As it turns out, the last level on this Spanish course is much more difficult than I was anticipating! haha because of this, I’m giving myself more time, since I don’t want to overload my brain with funny says en español xD
try a few new recipes. I did end up baking and cooking some throughout the month, using recipes I tried at different points last year, but I didn’t try anything new! I’ll be browsing Pinterest again soon to hopefully find some good new things to try.
- eat healthily and stay fit. Uhh I’ll give a yes and no on this one, hah! I wasn’t fully consistent because I did better and worse (it depended on the day) when it comes to what/how much I want to eat, as well as my daily activity level. It’s still something I’m working on, from overcoming a growing sugar addiction to being willing to exercise every day. I might write a post on this sometime in April – would you want me to?
- keep up with reading blogs. I did a pretty good job with this in March, which I’m really happy about! Staying up-to-date with talking to bloggers whose blogs I love the most is important to me, so I’m glad I could do that this month.
- slowly go through possessions that don’t matter to me anymore. It has definitely been a long process, and I’ve made sure before getting rid of anything that it will benefit me more to not have those things. A lot of decision-making has gone into this, but I am so happy with the progress I’m making! I’m thinking about writing a series sometime soon about simplifying life ❤
- continue interacting more with my brothers. There were different games we enjoyed playing together in March, but nothing too solid, if that makes sense. We only end up being interested in a game or activity at the same time for a short period of time, and then we have to find something else to do together, haha! I’m still thinking and praying about other things we could do together.
- have less screen time. I don’t know if I accomplished this one or not … well, I know I did the evenings I dedicated to reading some of the books I have! However, it’s still something I’m working on because I need to start choosing more screen-free activities to fill my time.
- help my mom around the house. My brother and I have recently been helping our mom out more with housework, which I know has really helped her ❤ However, I’m still in the process of getting into a routine so that I can easily remember my new duties 🙂 The reason I’m still working on this is because I didn’t realize until now just how much my mom does for our family! It’s a lot to handle even when it’s divided between three people (my mom, brother, and me), so not only am I happy to help out as much as I can, but I also salute her for being able to do all that she does for us! ❤ ❤ ❤
- stay focused on completing schoolwork. This was a priority most of the weekdays (as it should be!), but due to the cold that has recently been going around our house, I have a bit to catch up on. It was nice to focus on helping everyone get well again and forfeit a bit of schoolwork, but I’ll definitely get back to work in the weeks to come!
- get a haircut. I was happily able to do this on the first of March! My mom cuts my dad’s and brothers’ hair whenever they need it, which I think is awesome, and since I just needed a simple trim, she was able to take a few inches off my hair. I can’t tell you what a relief it is for my head to not be as heavy as it was (my hair is SO thick!), and even though the length hasn’t ended up being the easiest to style lol, I’m very happy with how it turned out.
- write a few blog posts a week. I did this one! Woohoo! It has been so nice to be active once again in the blogging community. ❤
Thank you so much for reading! I hope that you enjoyed it – as you saw, I really did enjoy my March. 🙂 Aside from the sickness that has plagued us this past week, we all enjoyed ourselves! I’m looking forward to seeing what the Lord has in store for us this April.
I’d love to know in the comments below:
How was YOUR March?
Hello, guys! ❤ Happy Thursday to you! 🙂 As we can all see, another month has made its way around, leaving the previous one in its dust. I am thoroughly surprised we’ve already made it to March – I mean, hadn’t February just begun?? I’m serious, haha!
Anyway, I always love when new months arrive, because they are absolutely fresh. The possibilities are limitless of what one could both focus on and achieve – whatever our hearts desire! For this whole upcoming thirty-one days in March, I plan on doing what always makes me extremely happy to do: stay productive.
I’m praying that this may be your overall focus for the new month, too! Sharing what we hope to get done with each other helps us stay motivated to keep daily tackling our list of things to do. 🙂 May the things you hoping to accomplish over the next few weeks come to fruition! xx
Now, if you’re interested in seeing what I hope to check off my list this March, I’d love if you read the rest of this post! Let me know in the comments below what you desire to do this month, too. ❤ Enjoy!
My March To Do List
- watch some more movies.
- continue to organize digital photos.
- read (at least!) one book.
- master my favorite settings on my camera.
- finish the Spanish courses on Memrise.
- try a few new recipes.
- eat healthy and stay fit.
- keep up with reading blogs.
- slowly go through possessions that don’t matter to me anymore.
- continue interacting more with my brothers.
- have less screen time.
- help my mom around the house.
- stay focused on completing schoolwork.
- get a haircut.
- write a few blog posts a week.
Thank you very much for reading! I plan to accomplish even more than this in the next few weeks, lol, so this is just a basic outline of what I’d love to be able to do. Later, I’m going to copy this list down on paper and put it up on my bedroom wall, so then I’ll be unable to forget what I could be working on next!
I’m praying that this wonderful month of March is a fantastic, beneficial one for you, and that you’re doing well today! We’re almost to the weekend, guys – we’ve got this. ❤
Hey guys! Haha yes, I’m sharing a bonus post today already. 🙂 If you’d like to meet my new baby sister, make sure you visit this post! ❤
Because I am the eldest sibling, and since I already help out around the house and things with the family on a regular basis, most of the responsibilities my mom usually has are mine for the next few days. She and Isabella are at the hospital currently (I’m praying they’ll be able to be discharged no later than tomorrow!), so there are lots of things to do to prepare for their arrival.
We have six (soon to be seven) people living here, so messes accumulate quickly – especially the ones created by Elizabeth! It has been her favorite thing to do recently to dump large toy containers and play with everything inside, which makes huge messes in the living room, haha. While there isn’t much to be done about her playful hurricanes in the main room of the house, I can keep up with the state of the bedrooms, kitchen, and office. Those rooms, as well as other things, are on my to do list at the moment!
If you’d like to see what I’m planning to get done today, as well as over the next couple of days, you can check out the list below. ❤ Thanks for reading!
Today’s To Do – Mommy #2 Edition
- Make the meal plan. I usually do this with my mom most weeks, anyway, but not usually by myself! This morning, I’ve been looking at what we have at the house to make dinners with, and at the moment, I can come up with three meals. From there, I need to think of a few more, then I can get some stuff from the store later.
- Clean my room. It irks me when it gets messy occasionally, haha, and because we washed, dried, and folded three loads of laundry yesterday, I have a lot of shirts and pajamas to put away! And since I’ve been sleeping in my mom’s room to be with Elizabeth, my mom’s bedding is folded on my bed, so the room looks even more messy. xD Oh, well. When I get a moment later, I’m going to clean it up real nice!
- Put together a shopping list. This is the companion to the meal plan, as I’m putting all the things I need to get for lunches and dinners on it! Since it’s possible Isabella and my mom will be able to come home today, I’m going to run to the store later this afternoon, but actually go grocery shopping tomorrow. 🙂
- Vacuum the bedrooms and clean the kitchen. This is important to me because not only do I love a clean house, but my mom does, too! And it would be lovely for her to return home from the hospital to a tidy house. ❤
- Play some games with Samuel. As I write this post, Joshua and Samuel are playing a game together, which is awesome, but it’s been a few days since I did something with Samuel. There doesn’t end up being much time left to do something with him because of the different responsibilities I have, but I still really want to find the time to do a game or activity with him.
Thank you so much for reading! ❤ I can’t wait to get started and continue with these things. It will be so nice to have my mom back home, and with Isabella, as well! 😀 I’d love it if you could please pray that they will be able to come safely home today or tomorrow. That would be a blessing to all of us. xxx