Hello everyone, and welcome back to another weekly dose of my tasty treats! haha
Should I open each recipe like that in the future? I think I should lol
Anyway, I know that I’m always excited whenever I make anything new, but these peach muffins really are worth celebrating. If for no other reason, I’ve been wanting to make some of my own for a few summers now! I had an absolutely delicious peach muffin at a downtown coffee shop near where I live back in 2015 and ohhhh, man. I’m so glad that I found a recipe on Pinterest and got to make some of my own!
I changed the original recipe around a bit by substituting the butter for margarine (I’ve found that butter gives me bad acne, which makes me very sad!); canned peaches instead of fresh ones, as they’re not in season yet; and even though I took a picture of it, I forgot to put in the vanilla. I’ll leave it in the list of ingredients, but just know that I made mine without it, and they turned out great! haha
As they didn’t turn out to have a strong peach flavor, my mom suggested that I use peach preserves next time, along with the canned peaches. I’ll have to blog about it when I see how that goes!
The crumble topping was very hard to “sprinkle” on the muffins, and I honestly don’t think it added anything flavorful to them. You could skip this step, or use butter like the original recipe called for, or try out something completely different to crumble on top. I wouldn’t recommend doing what I did; margarine doesn’t crumble. lol
I was able to make fifteen muffins with what this recipe yielded, but it just depends on what tins you use. 🙂
I hope that everyone’s having a wonderful Thursday so far! ❤ Enjoy the recipe.
For the Muffins:
¼ cup margarine
1/3 cup sugar
2-1/3 cups flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
¾ cup milk
1 tsp vanilla extract (still tastes good without)
1 15oz can of canned peaches
For the Crumble Topping:
¼ cup sugar
3 Tbsp flour
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
2-½ Tbsp margarine
1- Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Chop up the canned peaches into small chunks and put them in a small bowl. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, mix the margarine with the sugar until fluffy, then add the egg until it’s blended.
4. In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt.
5. Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture, alternating with the milk. Mix in the vanilla extract.
6. Slowly stir in the peaches with a spoon.
7. Spoon the batter into cupcake-lined tins (or disposable cupcake tins) until they’re 2/3 of the way full.
8. Make the crumble topping: mix the sugar, flour, ground cinnamon, and margarine together in a small bowl. After chopping it up as best you can to create crumbs, sprinkle on top of the muffins.
9. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Let cool on wire racks.
Thank you so much for reading! These turned out amazing, and I can’t wait to make them again and experiment until I get them just right.
Have YOU ever tried peach muffins?