Hi there! I hope you’re having a beautiful day 🙂 ❤ In this post, I am happy to share with you a second mood playlist! I decided to feature Jordan Feliz’s debut album The River, which I particularly loved listening to in the summer of 2017. I enjoyed having it playing in the background while I took Spanish lessons on Memrise!
Hello! I hope you’re doing well. ❤ In this post, I’m finally getting around to introducing a new post series I’ve been wanting to begin for months! As you can see by the title, this is my first Mood Playlist post, which is a series where I’ll choose various Christian albums I adore, provide links to the songs, and then recommend which ones you should listen to depending on what’s on your heart at the moment. 🙂 ❤ I hope that these posts can inspire you and introduce you to some new music!
Hi there! I hope you’re doing well. ❤ In this post, I will be sharing all of the songs I’ve enjoyed listening to this past month. The combination of music genres is crazy, haha! I really do love having a huge variety of songs to listen to – nothing’s off limits. haha
Hello there! Happy Monday to you. ❤ I pray your week is getting off to a beautiful start! On this quiet, rainy day where I live, I wanted to write a quick and fun review of one of my new favorite music albums! I’ll be talking about ‘Future‘ by the extremely talented music artist, Jordan Feliz!
When I found out that he was releasing his second album a few weeks ago (which I promised myself I’d buy back when I was so obsessed with his debut album, haha), I ordered it off of Amazon the morning after it came out. I had decided to wait to listen to any of the new songs, even when he released the audio versions on YouTube because I always think it’s more special to listen to the album as a whole – not just through digital releases!
I’ll go ahead and link to some of these songs so you can listen to them yourself 🙂 However, I highly recommend the entire album if you do like Jordan Feliz and his style of music! (Remember ‘The River’? It has been a radio hit for quite a while now!)
At this point, I haven’t even listened to every song on Future. That’s because when I buy a new album, I’ll really enjoy listening to a handful of the new songs, then when I get tired of them, I’ll check out the rest of the album! I’m able to spread out my enjoyment of the music this way 🙂 Let me know if you do this too, haha!
Also, I have already been listening to Witness and Changed for months/weeks now, and they’re both beautiful songs! Today, I’ll just be talking about the top four that stand out to me from the album right now. I hope you enjoy! Comment down below which one is your favorite. ❤
180 – In this song, Jordan expresses his desire to return to the Lord, even after all he’s gone through. It is a wonderful reminder to me that regardless of how far I’ve gone, the Lord will always welcome me back – and the same is true for you. We just have to put our trust in Him!
That’s The Life – If, for no other reason, this song is epic because of all of the unique notes Jordan manages to hit! That’s one of the things I love about Jordan – I can’t get over how talented he is! Anyway, he sings about marveling over how the Lord is caring for him – something I myself do daily!
My Shelter – Jordan talks about how no matter what we’re going through, the Lord is always by our side, watching over us and protecting us! His love never fails. ❤
Lay It Down – This is the song that stood out to me on this album first. The chorus really got to me, and just like other songs that urge us to bring all of our burdens before the Lord, releasing them into His hands, Lay It Down moved me to tears. Definitely, listen to this one!
Thank you so much for reading! I hope I have encouraged you to check Jordan Feliz’s music out if you haven’t already! 😀 You can get the album on Amazon here. (Not sponsored!)
Happy Monday to you! Let me know in the comments below:
Which song is YOUR favorite?
Hello everybody! I pray that you’re all having a good week. ❤ Today, I have a collaboration post to share with you! Gracie from Through the Eyes of Gracie decided to join me by sharing our Christmas music playlists! If you’d like to see some of her favorite holiday music, definitely go by her blog! Now let’s look at my current and past favorite Christmas songs ❤ Hope you enjoy!
- Snowed In – Hanson. This 90’s boy band was my absolute favorite when I was between the ages of nine and ten!! I still think fondly of different songs by them, especially What Christmas Means to Me!
- Once Upon A Christmas – Kenny Rogers & Dolly Parton. My mom has been playing these songs during the holidays since I was little, so I absolutely love this CD! I enjoy listening to most of the songs, but the title song means the most to me – I highly recommend that you listen to Once Upon A Christmas.
- Rudolph The Red-Nose Reindeer – Soundtrack. You’re lying if you tell me you don’t like this soundtrack! lol Just kidding, but I do think you’re missing out if you don’t like Rudolph, or haven’t listened to this music. I gave the link to the soundtrack on YouTube instead of Amazon because I couldn’t find it. I love every single song in the movie, but the Overture is especially good.
- Let It Snow – Beckah Shae. She’s one of my favorite Christian singers and cover artists (you have to check out her Christian song covers on YouTube!), and I’m excited about listening to this album this year. She has another Christmas album, as well, called Emmanuel! I can’t wait to listen to her rendition of Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas.
- Christmas – Michael Buble. I really like his voice, but I haven’t listened to this CD much! I definitely need to this year. xx
- Born Tonight – Jamie Grace. This song is SO beautiful! Its lyrics are fantastic; I keep listening to it on repeat.
- Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas – Hannah Kerr. This is a new Christian singer I had the pleasure of meeting last year! She’s such a sweetheart, and she has a beautiful voice. I can’t stop listening to her jazz rendition of this traditional song!!
- Baby, It’s Cold Outside – Different Artists. I’m always humming this song in December; it’s such a sweet, soft song! Some of my favorite versions are by Zooey Deschanel and Matthias & Amanda Faye (see bulleted link).
- All I Want For Christmas Is You – Mariah Carey. It’s a classic, haha! I only like a few songs by her, and this is definitely one of them. It’s so fun and festive.
- God With Us (You are Emmanuel) – Leeland. It isn’t specifically a Christmas song, but it really feels like it to me!
Thank you so much for reading, guys! One of the main reasons I love this time of year is because the music is so wonderful. ❤ Let me know in the comments below:
What are YOUR fave Christmas songs?
What have you accomplished this week?
Welcome to this week’s Little Accomplishments!
Hello there, guys! Happy first day of fall! How have you been? Hope you’re all having a beautiful week. 💜
I have been working on lots of things outside of the blogging world lately, which explains why I haven’t been posting as much as I usually do. Going from posting almost daily to about once a week was a big shift, and also unintentional, as a matter of fact. However, I have been having such a good time doing other activities (including working on upcoming blog posts!) that I haven’t missed it too much, which is awesome, because at times, all I’ve wanted to do is blog, haha! (Many of us know how that feels.)
I have been doing my best to still comment on blogs most days, which has been enjoyable because I love reading what you guys write about. I know that I have missed some posts, and I’m sorry about that – over the next week, you’ll probably see me popping up in your notifications!
This Little Accomplishments was a last-minute post idea last night; I put it all together and had it ready for the morning, so it only includes the accomplishments that stand out to me most from the previous week.
Let’s celebrate all of life’s joys – no matter how small!
Last week, I…
- started writing in a journal again. (I have been wanting to do this for well over a year, which is why this made me so happy! I went to TJMaxx a few weekends ago and fell in love with the journal I shared in the picture below. It represents me so well, and I’m enjoying recording my thoughts in it.)
- found new nonfic books to enjoy reading. (Because I have been browsing my local libraries’ selection of books for years, I have pretty well figured out which sections I enjoy the most, and have fun returning to those kinds of books from time to time … however, I have found recently that different self-help books [specifically on perfectionism, psychology, happiness, and inspiration], which is a category I’ve never browsed before, has turned out to be quite a joy to read! I’m planning on sharing my reviews of some of these books in the near future. Pictured below are a few that I found at the library recently and can’t wait to delve into!)
- began watching more ASMR videos. (Starting in 2013, I loved watching ASMR [relaxing] videos, but in the years since then, my interest in viewing them has diminished, then peaked, then fallen back down again, in a very uneven pattern. lol However, I now have three different people that regularly upload new videos, and they make me so happy to watch, so that has been what I do most evenings recently! If you guys are interested in watching some of these relaxing videos, I highly recommend GentleWhispering, Tingting ASMR, and Scottish Murmurs ASMR. xx )
- fell in love [again] with Rend Collective’s music. (The music I listen to on a regular basis is always changing, and for some reason, I stopped listening to this awesome Irish Christian band’s music for a while. When I added their album to my account on Amazon Music a few weeks ago, they’ve been on repeat ever since. More Than Conquerors is one of my all-time favorite songs, and my newest favorite of theirs is Boldly I Approach! My phone’s current lockscreen is proof of my rekindled love for Rend Collective’s music, as the words on it are from their song Burn Like A Star! I made the lockscreen myself, by the way.)
Comment what YOU’VE done this week down below – last Saturday through today!
What have you accomplished this week?
Hi guys! Welcome to this week’s Little Accomplishments!
I hope that you’re all doing well, and that your weekend has gotten off to a beautiful start! So, did you guys know that next Friday is September 1st??!! I truly cannot figure out where in the world 2017 is speeding off to! I mean, why is it in such a hurry? Haha!!
Whether your year has been a whirlwind or it couldn’t be dragging any slower, I hope that everyone’s last week of August is a great one. xx
Oh, and I wanted to add something that I noticed on my dashboard this morning – this post makes my 200th post on this blog!! 💖 thank you guys so much for coming along with me this far ☺️
Alright, let’s jump right in to this Little Accomplishments! And as always …
Let’s celebrate all of life’s joys – no matter how small!
These past couple of weeks, I …
- learned the major piano chords. (Yas!!!! For some reason, this took me quite a bit of time to look up online and figure out, but once the light bulb in my head lit up, I had them memorized within two days! I’m so happy! Minor chords, here I come.)
- caught up on Spanish. (As always. It’s essential, important, and considerably time-consuming, lol!)
- began learning Portuguese. (WHAT?! Cool, huh? I want to know the basics of Portuguese because 1) I’m interested in learning the differences between this language and Spanish, 2) I love learning new languages, and 3) I’d love to have a basic understanding of it in the event that I meet someone who speaks it! For now, I’m learning Brazilian Portuguese, but I’d be all for learning Portugal Portuguese at some point, too.)
- got back into the swing of blogging. (After my blogging break, then battling strep throat, it took me longer than I would have wanted to catch up on all things blogging, but I’m finally feeling on top of everything again! I have lots of different post ideas, I’m caught up on blog reading, I’ve interviewed some bloggers, and I have met some lovely new people, too!)
- watched Finding Dory. (It was soooo sweet, guys! Finding Nemo was the first movie I really ever loved – little 4-year-old me was obsessed with it! – and the kid in me really approves of how they handled this sequel so many years later. It’s funny, the animation’s great, and Dory was fantastic. I love her character!)
- finished reading The Merchant of Venice. (Honestly, I was a bit disappointed. The love stories were great, but the main plot dragged and also made me kind of nervous. lol!)
- got a new app to track water intake. (I stopped using Plant Nanny a while ago because it wouldn’t let me customize how much water I needed daily; they gave me a set, unattainable goal based on height and weight. However, I found a new water tracking app that I’m enjoying using right now called, simply, Water Tracker!)
- organized my Goodreads shelves. (I love having a place to see what books I’ve loved reading, as well as books I’m looking forward to reading someday! Everything had gotten a bit jumbled, so cleaning out and organizing the digital shelves on my Goodreads account was something I’ve been needing to do for a while.)