Hi there! I hope you’re having a beautiful day. ❤ In this post, I will be wrapping up my month of June with you! 🙂 I ended up doing so many fun and productive things these last few weeks that I honestly feel like June was enjoyed to its full potential by me and my family. I haven’t been able to say or feel that way about most months recently because time either crawls by, or a whole month is gone before I realize it! In the case of June, however, I’m very happy to say that I lived it and it didn’t just disappear. ❤ Today, I’m excited to share why I enjoyed this past month so much! I hope you enjoy!
Hi there! Happy Friday to you! ❤ I hope you’re having a great weekend. 🙂 As the days have grown warmer here in Georgia, I have gradually began thinking more and more about how I’d like to spend the summer months. Living in the South means that our summer lasts usually from early May to late September, haha, so you can imagine why I absolutely love October!
Since I usually tend to spend the most time indoors in our hotter months (the humidity kills me lol), I am coming up with ways to spend this time wisely. Sitting around and blogging the whole summer away is tempting, but would definitely not be the smartest way to spend my time, haha! Because of this, I have come up with a list of several, productive things I want to do over the following months.
Hi there! Happy Tuesday to you. ❤ Last summer, I wrote a post that was very similar to this one, and I loved getting to list all of the things I’m excited to experience one day! This is a realistic bucket list of sorts – instead of choosing different things that I’d like to see happen, I’m including fifteen things that I know will happen in the years to come. ❤ This ensures that I won’t be disappointed, haha! If you’d like to read the looking-ahead list I wrote last July, click here 🙂 Intro aside, I’m happy to know share with you the 15 exciting things I’ve come up with for today! Enjoy!
Hey there! I hope you’re doing well. ❤ Happy April to you! At the beginning of each new month, I love to make sure I have things I can be doing, focusing on, and accomplishing in the weeks to come. That is because there are few things harder for me than feeling unproductive! So, by having at least a few activities/tasks in mind that I can participate in and work toward in the new month, I’ll know that I’m completing something worth my time.
Last month, I shared a to-do list I wanted to work on throughout March (you can read that post here!). However, I have a feeling my family and I will be quite occupied this April, which is why I’ve decided to write down a focuses list rather than a to-do list! While it feels good to check specific things off, I know for a fact that won’t be possible these next few (maybe even several) weeks. Instead, I’ll be able to keep in mind certain areas of my life I need to work on, add to, begin, etc.
I’d love to know in the comments below what you’ll be up to in April! I hope that you have some exciting things planned, and that you’ll thoroughly enjoy this fresh new month. ❤ Let’s see what I’ll be up to!
Focuses For April
Family. From helping around the house to spending time playing games with my little brothers and sisters, there is a lot I can be doing with and for my family – and I know that’s where the Lord desires for me to spend most of my time! Being available to help and being the best daughter and sister I can be is definitely something I am mindful of at the moment.
Books. I can’t even tell you how many I’m hoping to read very soon! It’s been a long while since I prioritized having time to read, and that is something I’m finally able to do. At some point this month, I’ll share what I’ve been reading with you because I’m already really enjoying two that I recently bought!
Health/Fitness. It’s a journey that began this past December, one that I’m working on now more than ever before. I desire to feel nourished by what I eat, and I’d love to work out every day because it feels so good to get fit! Figuring out what works best for me is my current mission. ❤ I’ll probably be sharing a post that’s more in-depth soon!
Responsibility. I’ll be turning 18 next week (what, whaaat!), and with that will come some exciting new things! I’d love to handle all of this responsibly, especially when it comes to money.
Thank you so much for reading! As you can see, I’m hoping to spend my month accomplishing things in a few certain areas of my life. It is definitely less than what I’ve attempted to take on other months haha, but I think that’s a very good thing! I can’t wait to see what the Lord has in store for me and my family this month, and I hope and pray that your April is beautiful, as well. ❤
Let me know in the comments below:
What are YOU focusing on this April?
Happy Monday to you!
Hello there, and Happy Friday to you! ❤ I hope you’re doing well 🙂 In this post, I will be looking back on how I spent the month of March, which I have to say was truly enjoyable as a whole! I accomplished many of the tasks that were on my to-do list for the month (which I’ll share below!), experienced some fun things with my family, and I also got back into blogging this month. I can’t wait to tell you about all of it!
How was your March? I really hope it was a good month for you, and also that you’re looking forward to April as much as I am! 🙂 Let me know in the comments below: what did you love about March? And what are you excited about in April? I’d love to know! Now I’m happy to give you today’s post. I hope you like reading it!
March’s To-Do List:
Checking Things Off
- watch some more movies. I’m very happy to say that I did this one! I usually don’t get around to watching new films, but I was able to in March because we bought different family films online and found other good movies at second-hand stores that we all enjoyed. My favorite of the month would have to be Jack, which Robin Williams is in, because it was SO good!
- continue to organize digital photos. I didn’t take as many photos as I would have thought I would in March, haha – and that’s actually a very good thing! I found myself living in the moment more these past few weeks, which means my camera wasn’t always out (: Because of this, my pictures folder is still quite organized, which makes me happy.
- read (at least!) one book. Because it was on my list, I did end up reading, but I only got around to my minimum requirement! In March, I read one cozy mystery on my mom’s tablet, which I ended up really enjoying – it’s called Alice In Murderland (the actual book is lighthearted, not matching the title whatsoever) by Samantha Silver. It was fun, witty, and I had no idea throughout the book who the culprit was! If you like mysteries, I definitely recommend this one. ❤
master my favorite settings on my camera.Because of different circumstances with my family, as well as uneven priorities, I did not work on my camera very much this past month. However, this is one of my main goals for April, so I will be carrying it over into next month’s list! finish the Spanish courses on Memrise.As it turns out, the last level on this Spanish course is much more difficult than I was anticipating! haha because of this, I’m giving myself more time, since I don’t want to overload my brain with funny says en español xD try a few new recipes.I did end up baking and cooking some throughout the month, using recipes I tried at different points last year, but I didn’t try anything new! I’ll be browsing Pinterest again soon to hopefully find some good new things to try.
- eat healthily and stay fit. Uhh I’ll give a yes and no on this one, hah! I wasn’t fully consistent because I did better and worse (it depended on the day) when it comes to what/how much I want to eat, as well as my daily activity level. It’s still something I’m working on, from overcoming a growing sugar addiction to being willing to exercise every day. I might write a post on this sometime in April – would you want me to?
- keep up with reading blogs. I did a pretty good job with this in March, which I’m really happy about! Staying up-to-date with talking to bloggers whose blogs I love the most is important to me, so I’m glad I could do that this month.
- slowly go through possessions that don’t matter to me anymore. It has definitely been a long process, and I’ve made sure before getting rid of anything that it will benefit me more to not have those things. A lot of decision-making has gone into this, but I am so happy with the progress I’m making! I’m thinking about writing a series sometime soon about simplifying life ❤
- continue interacting more with my brothers. There were different games we enjoyed playing together in March, but nothing too solid, if that makes sense. We only end up being interested in a game or activity at the same time for a short period of time, and then we have to find something else to do together, haha! I’m still thinking and praying about other things we could do together.
- have less screen time. I don’t know if I accomplished this one or not … well, I know I did the evenings I dedicated to reading some of the books I have! However, it’s still something I’m working on because I need to start choosing more screen-free activities to fill my time.
- help my mom around the house. My brother and I have recently been helping our mom out more with housework, which I know has really helped her ❤ However, I’m still in the process of getting into a routine so that I can easily remember my new duties 🙂 The reason I’m still working on this is because I didn’t realize until now just how much my mom does for our family! It’s a lot to handle even when it’s divided between three people (my mom, brother, and me), so not only am I happy to help out as much as I can, but I also salute her for being able to do all that she does for us! ❤ ❤ ❤
- stay focused on completing schoolwork. This was a priority most of the weekdays (as it should be!), but due to the cold that has recently been going around our house, I have a bit to catch up on. It was nice to focus on helping everyone get well again and forfeit a bit of schoolwork, but I’ll definitely get back to work in the weeks to come!
- get a haircut. I was happily able to do this on the first of March! My mom cuts my dad’s and brothers’ hair whenever they need it, which I think is awesome, and since I just needed a simple trim, she was able to take a few inches off my hair. I can’t tell you what a relief it is for my head to not be as heavy as it was (my hair is SO thick!), and even though the length hasn’t ended up being the easiest to style lol, I’m very happy with how it turned out.
- write a few blog posts a week. I did this one! Woohoo! It has been so nice to be active once again in the blogging community. ❤
Thank you so much for reading! I hope that you enjoyed it – as you saw, I really did enjoy my March. 🙂 Aside from the sickness that has plagued us this past week, we all enjoyed ourselves! I’m looking forward to seeing what the Lord has in store for us this April.
I’d love to know in the comments below:
How was YOUR March?
Hi there, guys! I hope you’re doing well. ❤ Happy Friday to all of you! I’m so happy we’ve gotten to the weekend, but I can’t believe how close we are to the end of March! With this in mind, I have decided to share an end-of-the-month to do list, so that I can make sure I’m finishing what I hoped to do throughout March.
I had originally thought about naming this post “March’s Last Hurrah,” haha, but then I noticed that by calling it that, I’m considering this upcoming week as the end of something – the last chance I have to get some accomplishments in. It’s not a fun way to live because then there’s this calendar deadline I’m living by, which is completely unnecessary. If you’ve been tempted to feel this way, as well, I’d love to encourage you to shift your thinking. While this month does have eight full days left in it, there’s no shame in letting a task carry over into the new month!
Prayer Request: It would bless me if you would pray for and send encouragement to my younger siblings, Samuel (6) and Elizabeth (1). They both have a stomach virus, and Samuel wasn’t doing well last night – he has a high fever right now. I’m really praying that the rest of us won’t get what they have and that they’ll feel better soon! ❤
Let’s check out what I’d love to get done this week (: Happy reading!
Little To Do List –
March 23rd, 2018
- Keep working on the 7th course of Spanish on Memrise and stay up-to-date on review words. (I’d been hoping to complete all of this in March, but the phrases I’m required to memorize in the last level are quite challenging, haha! I know I’ll get it done, but it’s definitely taking more concentration than I would’ve anticipated.)
- Begin reading some of the books on my TBR list. (I recently bought a few more books from a second-hand store that look amazing, so I’m excited about getting back into reading beginning with these! I’ll be sure to feature them in a post sometime next month once I’ve finished them 🙂 )
- Clean out my closet. (I did this recently, lol, but then I went and littered the floor with shopping bags and a few other miscellaneous things that need a place. *sighs* It shouldn’t be hard to do, so I just need to get around to doing it!)
- Make one more new dinner recipe. (I got to make dinner for my family a few times this month, and I really enjoyed it because they loved the dishes I made! Trying out one more this upcoming week is something I’d love to do.)
- Continue exercising and eating right. (I easily fall out of the habit of this, for some reason, but I need to keep up with this because I don’t like how I feel when I don’t! Power-walking a mile or two daily, as well as eating portion sizes and cutting down on sweets, is a must for me. I can do this!)
- Read more blog posts like this one. (I have my blogger friend, Jessica, to thank for sharing this gem on my Reader this morning! It really encouraged me, as I have been facing decisions as I near my eighteenth birthday that has been stressing me out a bit, but this inspiring post really helped me to change my thinking. I need to focus more on finding books and blog posts along those same lines to read because it helped me so much!)
Thank you so much for reading! I hope you’re doing well, and that you also have a blessed weekend. ❤
Hello, guys! ❤ Happy Thursday to you! 🙂 As we can all see, another month has made its way around, leaving the previous one in its dust. I am thoroughly surprised we’ve already made it to March – I mean, hadn’t February just begun?? I’m serious, haha!
Anyway, I always love when new months arrive, because they are absolutely fresh. The possibilities are limitless of what one could both focus on and achieve – whatever our hearts desire! For this whole upcoming thirty-one days in March, I plan on doing what always makes me extremely happy to do: stay productive.
I’m praying that this may be your overall focus for the new month, too! Sharing what we hope to get done with each other helps us stay motivated to keep daily tackling our list of things to do. 🙂 May the things you hoping to accomplish over the next few weeks come to fruition! xx
Now, if you’re interested in seeing what I hope to check off my list this March, I’d love if you read the rest of this post! Let me know in the comments below what you desire to do this month, too. ❤ Enjoy!
My March To Do List
- watch some more movies.
- continue to organize digital photos.
- read (at least!) one book.
- master my favorite settings on my camera.
- finish the Spanish courses on Memrise.
- try a few new recipes.
- eat healthy and stay fit.
- keep up with reading blogs.
- slowly go through possessions that don’t matter to me anymore.
- continue interacting more with my brothers.
- have less screen time.
- help my mom around the house.
- stay focused on completing schoolwork.
- get a haircut.
- write a few blog posts a week.
Thank you very much for reading! I plan to accomplish even more than this in the next few weeks, lol, so this is just a basic outline of what I’d love to be able to do. Later, I’m going to copy this list down on paper and put it up on my bedroom wall, so then I’ll be unable to forget what I could be working on next!
I’m praying that this wonderful month of March is a fantastic, beneficial one for you, and that you’re doing well today! We’re almost to the weekend, guys – we’ve got this. ❤