Hey there! I hope you’re doing well. ❤ In today’s post, I will be sharing a few inspirational tips with you! I know how much it helps me to be reminded of easy ways to get out of an emotional rut, as I find myself in one all too often. That is the inspiration behind this post. ❤
Sometimes, a day just truly doesn’t go well for us, which we can’t do much about. However, there are other days when it’s not the day itself, but how we see it that brings us down! I have noticed, especially over the past few years, how true this fact is in my life. It’s also an eye-opener to how we respond to what’s happening, as well as seeing circumstances as they truly are and not through biased vision. It’s a learning experience, for sure – one that I’m still very much on myself!
Just as much as I hope these tips will inspire you, I hope to inspire myself in return. They are five easy ways to quickly uplift your mood – and hopefully mine, too! Life is one crazy journey, and learning to face the sudden turns and ups and downs is where we will conquer our emotional roller coasters. 🙂
If you have any requests for this inspirational series, please do let me know in the comments below! It is my goal to focus on having my blog be as encouraging as possible, both to reader and author alike. ❤ I hope that you enjoy!
Because this post goes along with the theme of the HARPs challenge I’m participating in, I’m counting it as one of my posts! Go check out this awesome competition here.
5 Simple Ways to
Quickly Brighten Your Day
1. Go do something productive. I know that on days when things really aren’t going the way I’d like, it blesses me to make sure there are at least a few good things that will make me happy about that day! One thing that really gets my positivity gears turning is by performing an easy task I was already needing to do – regardless of how necessary, important, or detailed the thing is. It could be anything from re-organizing the refrigerator, jotting down blog post ideas, or arranging the shirts in your closet by color – it’s totally up to you! If you find that you’re already feeling a bit better after having completed that thing, that’s the important part.
2. Turn on your favorite song. For me, there are few things that boost my mood more than hearing one of my favorite tunes! This could be an epic instrumental piece, a hit pop song, or a worship song that always makes you joyful – it depends on your music taste, and how much you’re willing to jam out! 😉
Related Post: My Favorite Songs From ‘Future’
3. Compliment someone else. I read a post yesterday morning that beautifully reminded me just how uplifting it feels to make someone else smile! (I’ll be sharing that post with you this Saturday, so definitely be looking out for that!) I wouldn’t recommend complimenting others if you’re angry or something, because that could come across as aggressive. lol This applies better for on days when you feel sluggish, maybe it’s even rainy outside – a typical “meh” day. Try it! Giving someone confidence they probably don’t usually get will have a huge impact on them. ❤
4. Go outside. Weather-permitting, that is! There are few things that can dampen (sometimes literally) your mood more than a drizzly morning, or a hot afternoon, or a snowy evening. (Yeah. I heard Michigan’s getting snow. In April. #ThatsTheNorth) You get the picture! If you can comfortably go for a bike ride, a walk with your dog, or just sit out on your front porch – DO IT. There’s something beautifully refreshing about being out in nature.
5. Turn on your favorite movie. Even if you just watched it last week! If it’s your favorite movie, it’s bound to have scenes that bring you great happiness. Personally, I prefer a movie with a great sense of humor, but hey, you do you. If horror films are your cup of tea (although there’s certainly nothing refreshing about fright!), go enjoy your favorite movie. You won’t regret it!
Thank you so much for reading my post today! If I don’t get around to responding to comments until tomorrow, that’s because I’m going to the eye doctor this afternoon, and having my eyes dilated may cause dizziness and light sensitivity. haha
Let me know in the comments below:
How do YOU brighten your day?
Have a beautiful day!
Points = 5