“Happiness is not the absence of problems, it’s the ability to deal with them.” – Steve Manaboli
Happy December to you! In all honesty, I have felt pretty distracted when it comes to blogging this month. That’s probably due to it being the holidays, so I’ve been out shopping, being with family, and planning out some exciting posts for the new year. (I have been keeping up with reading all of the lovely blog posts that pop up in my Reader, which I’m happy about!)
Little life update aside, the one post I’ve been thinking about writing is a favorites-type post, showcasing what has been making me smile and laugh. I’ve shared two other posts like this, one which was a couple days after my wisdom teeth surgery in May (here) and then another one in June (here).
The featured image contains some selfies of me and my siblings, because I honestly haven’t taken any other good photos lately. The weather’s been ugly and I’ve rather been stuck inside all month. haha
Movies I’ve Watched:
- The Bishop’s Wife. I watched this one for the first time in the summer, since I hadn’t realized when I checked it out from the library that it was a Christmas movie! I enjoyed watching it with my mom last week, as it was her first time seeing it. The acting is amazing, and the ending is incredible!
- The Talk Of The Town. After we finished The Bishop’s Wife, we kind of got into a Cary Grant movie streak! This movie was a comedy/drama (more like a drama) that had a freaky beginning, but became an enjoyable movie after the first fifteen minutes.
- Falling For Christmas. This is one of those Hallmark-type Christmas movies (the ones I watch and criticize more than enjoy hahaha), but I did enjoy finishing this one with Joshua. The acting was pretty decent, and there were some actually funny parts in it!
- Mixed Nuts. I’m currently watching this one with Joshua. It’s his first time seeing it, but I think is the fourth time I’ve seen it. It never gets old!
Videos I’ve Loved:
- Jay Leno’s Headlines segment. I just found out a week ago that this hilarious man was the host of the night show all through my childhood, but I was too young to appreciate it. *regrets* To remedy this, I’ve been binge-watching all the videos I can find that people have uploaded of Jay’s Headlines segment. I’m so thankful for YouTube!
- Craig Ferguson interviewing Robin Williams. The video’s literally called The Best Interview In The History Of Television. Watching these two riffing back and forth, quickly building on each other’s jokes is one of the best things I’ve seen in a very long time. It was twenty-six minutes of pure insanity!
- Not My Arms ASMR Challenge. One of my all-time favorite YouTubers, Maria from GentleWhispering, did this challenge with her then-fiancée (they’re married now haha) and I just watched it again last night. I basically spent the entire fifteen minutes laughing!
Songs I’m Listening To:
- Life In The Death Of Me – Unspoken
- I Don’t Trust Myself (With Loving You) – John Mayer
- Battles – The Afters
- There’s Always Tomorrow – Rudolph Soundtrack
- Count That High – Jordan Feliz
- Faith – Jordan Feliz
- Streets of Gold – Jordan Feliz
Coloring Pages I’ve Colored:
Quotes That Inspire Me:
- “Show up in every single moment like you’re meant to be there.” – Marie Forleo
- “Life is a series of thousands of tiny miracles. Notice them.”
- “Once you choose hope, anything is possible.”
- “There is no dream too big for God to make a reality.”
“Fulfillment comes only when you decide to love God and give Him all of yourself.” – Dr. Charles Stanley
That was so much fun to write! Let me know if you want the links to any of the movies/songs/videos. My laptop has response issues, and it would take me a lifetime to add all those links. Thanks for reading!