July. For me, it was one of those months that got off to a rocky start, but the middle to the end held exciting moments and beautiful changes. I began truly blogging again, writing regular blog posts and interacting with the community; I found true peace in allowing the Lord to once again hold my life in His perfect hands; and I genuinely feel happy about how I’m spending my time and with what I’m accomplishing every day.
Hello and welcome back to my blog! It has been months since I wrote a round-up post like this, and I feel like it’s important for me to summarize my February. I don’t usually say this, but the majority of February absolutely disappeared – we were a couple of days into the month, then suddenly we were over halfway through it!
I chose a raindrops illustration for the background of this post’s featured image because it completely pulls together February’s vibe: literally rainy and emotionally rainy. It was such a dreary month outside, and much of what I experienced emotionally was dreary, as well.
However, I’m not complaining; I learned so much this February. There were some beautiful experiences and some tough circumstances, but through it all, I grew closer to the Lord and my family, so I am grateful for everything I faced. ❤
What I’ve Been Loving – February 2019
Getting my first pair of glasses.
I had no idea that I would ever need to wear prescription glasses, but gosh, am I thankful for them now! It helps me to focus on little details around the house (i.e. coloring and reading), as well as the larger details when I’m out driving or shopping (i.e. signs and such). It reduces my squinting habit by a lot, which is awesome because I don’t want to get squint wrinkles (is that a thing? haha) or weakened vision because I’ve been straining my eyes.
Working on new coloring pages.
I think coloring will always be a hobby of mine. I adore working with color palettes, both tried-and-true ones and bold new ones, almost as much as I love interior designing! I bought a new coloring book last week that is jungle-themed, but I’m waiting to start working on it until I get some colored pencils.
Redecorating my desk space!
This is something I do every few months (or more frequently), and right now, I’m very happy with the look I accomplished! It is so satisfying when I can find decor that matches a specific color palette, because colors that complement each other is what really makes a room.
Playing Sims Mobile.
After watching this Sims challenge on YouTube, I just had to get the game for myself, haha! I didn’t want to invest in the Sims 4 (especially since I’d have to play it on the family computer or Joshua’s PS4), so I just got the app and resisted buying all the special power-ups and other fun, in-game extras. I ended up creating and maturing two rounds of Sims before I got bored of the game. The first two Sims I made were a cute couple who were very successful in their jobs and had a ton of kids (and an adorable little house!), and once they retired and their kids had grown up, I created three guys who were dorming together. (I definitely wouldn’t have had them living together, but you can only have one house in the Sims, so they made do living in the same house lol!)
Figuring out how I want to blog.
I’m still not completely sure what I’m doing yet haha, but I’m allowing the Lord to lead me! Taking it a day at a time is helping me in writing posts and thoroughly enjoying what I’m doing. (Also, this is the only one I used a stock photo for because I still can’t take decent pictures of my laptop.)
Growing closer to Elizabeth.
My heart melted the day she requested to wear her own glasses. I’d already had my glasses for a few weeks at this point, so she was used to seeing me wear them off and on. This selfie we took makes me so happy! She is learning and improving so much, which is an immense blessing for our family. When Elizabeth’s happy, everyone’s happy!
Riding in the back of our dad’s truck with Samuel.
Joshua had asked our dad if he could do some driving practice around our neighborhood in our dad’s truck. Our dad said yes, and because I was outside at the time, I jokingly got in the bed of the truck and said I was coming, too. Samuel thought this was a grand idea (haha), and got even happier when our dad said we could ride back there! It was like our own neighborhood amusement park ride lol
Hosting a blog party for the first time in forever!
I had such a fun time meeting new people and chatting with old friends at this party! A special thank you to all who joined in (:
Working on organizing my closet.
I have been trying to be content with my closet since we first moved to the house we’re currently renting. (That’ll be four years this summer.) A week or two ago, I decided, “YOU KNOW WHAT?? I’m going to get my closet actually looking good!” Haha, so that’s exactly what I’m doing. I’ll probably do a closet tour post soon to celebrate!
(And yes, I own salsa dress. I have this thing for dresses, especially party ones!)
Learning some powerful lessons
in my walk with the Lord.
The Lord has been challenging me and stretching my faith this month. Whenever I pray about becoming the best version of myself, He brings to my mind the darkest things I’ve been struggling with. It’s never what I expect for Him to do, but if I was only praying about positive things, I wouldn’t be growing in my walk with Him, so I’m very thankful that He does this. ❤ Whether it’s related to my behavior with others, my thought patterns, or my expectations in situations, He helps me to work through things I’ve kept buried for years. It’s painful to work through them, but with the Lord by my side, giving me strength and encouraging me every single day, it is more than worth it to follow Him.
Decorating my family’s living room.
I went out and bought new decor for my family’s living room (which I wrote about in this post!), and I’m so happy with the finished look! Watching Elizabeth and Isabella react to the new pillows and canvas was priceless. I’m very glad everyone warmed up to it!
Thanks for reading! All in all, February was a great month, full of important lessons and awesome memories. Let me know in the comments:
What have you been loving
“Happiness is not the absence of problems, it’s the ability to deal with them.” – Steve Manaboli
Happy December to you! In all honesty, I have felt pretty distracted when it comes to blogging this month. That’s probably due to it being the holidays, so I’ve been out shopping, being with family, and planning out some exciting posts for the new year. (I have been keeping up with reading all of the lovely blog posts that pop up in my Reader, which I’m happy about!)
Little life update aside, the one post I’ve been thinking about writing is a favorites-type post, showcasing what has been making me smile and laugh. I’ve shared two other posts like this, one which was a couple days after my wisdom teeth surgery in May (here) and then another one in June (here).
The featured image contains some selfies of me and my siblings, because I honestly haven’t taken any other good photos lately. The weather’s been ugly and I’ve rather been stuck inside all month. haha
Movies I’ve Watched:
- The Bishop’s Wife. I watched this one for the first time in the summer, since I hadn’t realized when I checked it out from the library that it was a Christmas movie! I enjoyed watching it with my mom last week, as it was her first time seeing it. The acting is amazing, and the ending is incredible!
- The Talk Of The Town. After we finished The Bishop’s Wife, we kind of got into a Cary Grant movie streak! This movie was a comedy/drama (more like a drama) that had a freaky beginning, but became an enjoyable movie after the first fifteen minutes.
- Falling For Christmas. This is one of those Hallmark-type Christmas movies (the ones I watch and criticize more than enjoy hahaha), but I did enjoy finishing this one with Joshua. The acting was pretty decent, and there were some actually funny parts in it!
- Mixed Nuts. I’m currently watching this one with Joshua. It’s his first time seeing it, but I think is the fourth time I’ve seen it. It never gets old!
Videos I’ve Loved:
- Jay Leno’s Headlines segment. I just found out a week ago that this hilarious man was the host of the night show all through my childhood, but I was too young to appreciate it. *regrets* To remedy this, I’ve been binge-watching all the videos I can find that people have uploaded of Jay’s Headlines segment. I’m so thankful for YouTube!
- Craig Ferguson interviewing Robin Williams. The video’s literally called The Best Interview In The History Of Television. Watching these two riffing back and forth, quickly building on each other’s jokes is one of the best things I’ve seen in a very long time. It was twenty-six minutes of pure insanity!
- Not My Arms ASMR Challenge. One of my all-time favorite YouTubers, Maria from GentleWhispering, did this challenge with her then-fiancée (they’re married now haha) and I just watched it again last night. I basically spent the entire fifteen minutes laughing!
Songs I’m Listening To:
- Life In The Death Of Me – Unspoken
- I Don’t Trust Myself (With Loving You) – John Mayer
- Battles – The Afters
- There’s Always Tomorrow – Rudolph Soundtrack
- Count That High – Jordan Feliz
- Faith – Jordan Feliz
- Streets of Gold – Jordan Feliz
Coloring Pages I’ve Colored:
Quotes That Inspire Me:
- “Show up in every single moment like you’re meant to be there.” – Marie Forleo
- “Life is a series of thousands of tiny miracles. Notice them.”
- “Once you choose hope, anything is possible.”
- “There is no dream too big for God to make a reality.”
“Fulfillment comes only when you decide to love God and give Him all of yourself.” – Dr. Charles Stanley
That was so much fun to write! Let me know if you want the links to any of the movies/songs/videos. My laptop has response issues, and it would take me a lifetime to add all those links. Thanks for reading!
Hi there! I hope your day is going well. ❤ Having spent the last few days mostly in bed and taking it easy at home, I’ve been wanting to share something more on my blog that was more than a just life update! Being the productive person that I am, where I can’t comfortably go for too long without doing something worthwhile, it is already helping me to compose this post. ❤ There have been different things about my life recently that I’ve thoroughly enjoyed, and it was each and every one of those things that have inspired my post for today. 🙂 I hope you enjoy!
Hey there guys, and happy Tuesday!! I hope that you all had a beautiful Christmas. My family and I did! 🙂 ❤ How did you spend your holiday? What were the highlights? You’ll have to let me know in the comments below!
For today’s post, I decided to sum up my month of December with my favorite pictures and memories. I was going through photos on the computer last week and couldn’t help but notice all of the wonderful things that happened this past month.
I am in great shock of the fact that this will be one of the last posts I share in 2017! I’m serious, where did the time go? However, it’s been a fantastic year for me and my family. We went through some tough times, but we had the Lord and each other through it all, so everything turned out beautifully. ❤ I’m so stoked for the new year, but at the same time, I keep thinking back over the last twelve months.
What will the next twelve have in store?
For today, though, I’ll just talk about these last few weeks! ❤ Hope you enjoy!
Favorites of December
— (Featured image) Admiring The Great Outdoors.
Yes, it did rain quite a bit this month, lol, but that’s winter for us in the southern US. There were showers, sunshine, dense fog, and wildlife to watch. The trees shed their leaves as the temperature steadily dropped over the days and weeks, and I managed to get some beautiful shots of the last leaves of the season at the beginning of the month.
— My New Succulent Greeting Banner.
While Christmas shopping early in the month, I found this at a good price in the decor section of a local store and immediately knew it belonged in my room. I couldn’t just leave it there, considering it goes along with all the decorations in my room, haha! Its current residence is my windowsill, where I’m sure it will stay until we move.
— Our First Ever December Snowfall!
I don’t know if I’ve mentioned it before, but I’ve lived in the southern US my whole life, and it has not snowed once before January in our part of the state. That’s rather sad, since I love snow and dream of one year having a white Christmas, but GUYS! Check out the pictures below. We finally got to experience snow around Christmas!
— Rediscovering The Beauty Of Reading.
My love of books went on a hiatus this whole year, as I’ve been too busy occupying my time with other activities to the point where reading books wasn’t included in my free time anymore. It often made me sad, as I didn’t have enough of an attention span to enjoy a good book, but I’m finally back. Haha, I’m a book nerd again!! My goal is to read 50 books in 2018, so we’ll see how that goes.
— Finishing The First Semester Of My Senior Year.
It’s so foreign to me to be nearly done with school! I can’t get my mind around the fact that I’ll be finished with it all early next year. I’m excited, but it will still be strange, hehe
— The December Photography Challenge.
Taking pictures to go along with the prompts for Gracie’s photo challenge was an absolute blast! Some of them were definitely a challenge, haha, when I couldn’t get just the right angle for the photo, or I didn’t have anything present to match the prompt, but it was still fun. I ended up participating in the first three weeks of the challenge, which was so enjoyable to do.
— Admiring Our Christmas Tree.
One of the highlights of every December for me is getting out the tree, decorating it, and then enjoying how pretty it is all month long! It makes everything so much more festive, which I absolutely love.
— Dressing Festively.
When I have a reason to dress up for something, whether it’s a special occasion or a nationwide holiday, I thoroughly enjoy it! Christmas sweaters, patriotic tank tops, dressy casual ensembles … that’s the usual yearly round-up for me, haha. This holiday season, my favorite things to wear have been my awesome red Christmas sweater, soft gray and white pj pants, and my jingle bell ring.
— Trying Tea And Planning Things.
I’m always brainstorming post ideas and moving dates around in my planner, so this is applicable for any month. However, the addition of trying tea (chamomile and peppermint, separately and respectively) was totally new for me! I won’t enjoy chamomile unless I find the perfect blend of flavors for my liking, but I did enjoy the taste and soft twang of peppermint tea with a bit of milk and sugar. It was very festive and made me happy.
— Reaching High Scores On My Favorite Games.
It has been said that I am a competitive person (
actually only my family says that, lol), so it’s not uncommon for me to play a game obsessively until I come out on top. A few weeks in a row, I attained the highest score in my league on Subway Surfer, and I was quite proud. I’ve also been playing a game called ‘Plumber’ (a mini-game on a multi-game app), and I completed every single level in record time. haha
Thank you sooo much for reading! December was a beautiful month, and I am definitely looking forward to January. ❤
Let me know in the comments below:
How was YOUR December?
This is probably THE hardest thing you could ever ask of an avid reader – to pick their favorite books!
That’s like picking a favorite child. Or trying to decide which puppy is cuter. Or which iced latte tastes better.
It cannot be done!
But for the sake of this prompt – this lovely blogging challenge that I’ve gotten myself mixed up in – I will go ahead and choose a few from my hoard of favorites to satisfy the prompt, as well as my readers. Because I certainly love many books, but it is a pain to pick a only a few!
(Just kidding. I love talking about my favorite books.)
- ‘Anything but Typical’ by Nora Raleigh Baskin. This one is always at the top of my favorites list! It is quite melancholy, but for some reason, I love the main character and how his story is written. I’ve read it multiple times, yet I always manage to forget the ending. It’s very strange! Although, that might be because I wish his ‘happily ever after’ was happier. Who knows.
- ‘Hamlet’ by William Shakespeare. This is the play that got me into reading Shakespeare. I cannot rave about Hamlet enough! It makes me laugh, cry, grin, and scream (in my head, at least). I own six different editions of it. (Yep.) The cast members are fantastic, the Prince’s wit is phenomenal, the plot is gripping, the setting is eerie and fascinating … it may be a tragedy, but I have never loved a story as much as I love this one. If you have never had the pleasure of enjoying Hamlet, please please please go to your library today and get yourself a copy!!!
- The Holy Bible. It wasn’t the first to come to mind as I don’t consider it to be a book, exactly; it is my survival guide. I turn to it every day for wisdom and encouragement; I go to it to hear from the Lord, and to pray over the verses that I find there. If I had to pick only one book to read for the rest of my life, it would be this One.
- ‘Return to Me’ by Lynn Austin. It’s over 600 pages long, but Austin had me hooked from the beginning! It’s a story based on the true events of the prophet Zachariah. If you would like to read more about him (I knew nothing about him until reading this book!), I highly recommend Return to Me – it doesn’t feel like a fictional retelling at all. Lynn Austin did a phenomenal job. 🙂
So, how about you?
What are YOUR favorite books?
Happy Wednesday, everyone!