It’s been a long time since I shared a post like this. It’s good to be back!
Hi there! I hope you’re having a beautiful day. This past week, I’ve been doing a lot of thinking about how I want to blog, which explains why I didn’t share as many posts as I was planning on recently. I have so many ideas for the future, though, and I can’t wait to write about them! For this week’s guest post, Ariana from Ariana’s Archives shares with us how she makes it through seasons of depression and anxiety. I really enjoyed reading her tips and encouragement, and I know you will, too!
Hi there! 💛 I hope you’re having a beautiful day. 🙂 I have decided to begin writing mini reviews of books again. Sharing why I enjoyed the books I’ve finished reading is an encouragement to me to keep reading, which is a good thing, since I have bookshelves full of books!
Hi there! I hope you’re having a beautiful day. ❤ The idea for this post came to me yesterday while exploring the Bible app on my phone. I came across a verse that has been both a comfort and a hindrance in my walk with the Lord over the years. The verse I’m talking about is Psalm 37:4, where the psalmist tells us that when we delight ourselves in the Lord, He will give us the desires of our heart.
I’d like to talk about this verse because it’s one of those promises of the Lord that can be easily misunderstood. Not quite getting the context can lead one to believe that when we pray for something fervently, and then still don’t get it, it’s tempting to think that this Bible verse is a lie.
I’m here to reassure you that it’s not.
Note: I wrote this post the day after I had my first ever surgery. I was thinking about how the Lord had brought me through all of it, which overflowed into the writing of this post. ❤ If you’d like, you can read about my recovery here!
Hey there! I hope you’re having a beautiful Sunday. ❤ This past week, I have been recovering from my first ever surgery. While that has been a lot to adjust to, I’ve also been extremely mindful of the fact that the Lord is the One Who has brought me here. That’s what I’d like to talk about today. Are you ready? Let’s both grab a beautiful cup of coffee and sit down for a lovely chat. ❤
Hi there! I hope you’re doing well. ❤ Happy Monday to you 🙂 The topic of today’s post is something that has been on my heart these past few weeks. It has come to my attention in nearly every argument I’ve found myself involved in. The sad part is, it is because of this thing that many of the quarrels even began.
I have been harboring un-forgiveness in my heart.
“If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.” – 1 John 1:9
Hi there! Happy Tuesday to you. ❤ I hope you’re doing well! Earlier today, I finished reading the first book I’ve completed this month, and I’d really like to tell you guys all about it!
On one of my many browsing adventures on Amazon (haha), I came across some books I haven’t read yet by the pastor and author, Dr. Charles F. Stanley. His teaching has been a huge encouragement to me for years, which is why I ended up buying the book I’m talking about today: God Has a Plan for Your Life. Many of Dr. Stanley’s other books looked really great, as well, but I knew that this one was definitely the one the Lord would use to speak to my heart – and He truly did!
So, allow me to tell you why I ended up loving this book. ❤
1. It is the perfect length. At only 148 pages, I thought at first glance that it would be too short of a read, but I was wrong! It definitely packed a punch, and I’ve walked away from its ten quick chapters feeling beautifully different about my life.
2. Its focus is right where it should be. Everything Dr. Stanley wrote about is full of truth, and the basis of his advice is centered, as always, in the Holy Bible – which is absolutely true! I loved seeing what he had to say about the future of believers, because I long for the security of faith in a future of goodness for me and my family. I deeply struggle with that because of fear and anxiety filling my thoughts when it comes to what the Lord has for me. This book, I can confidently say, calmed my heart immensely. ❤
3. He stressed the importance of taking life one step at a time. When I’m constantly focused on figuring out what is to come, then I have completely thrown away the present! It’s an awful mistake, and one I didn’t realize I was making – until now. I am thankful for Dr. Stanley’s godly wisdom, for I have thought for too long that the best times of my life lie ahead. With that mindset, then where am I right now?
I desire to live beautifully right here, trusting the Lord to lead and guide me, showing me what to do next in His timing.
4. He reminds readers that waiting on the Lord is an essential aspect of our future. We live in a day and age where everyone is able to receive most, if not all, of what they want, in a very short amount of time. Because we’re used to everything being quick, it’s hard (for me especially) to remember just how perfect the Lord’s timing is. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve thought before, If the Lord would just give me an answer to [this question], then I’ll know I’m doing the right thing. The truth is, the Lord doesn’t delay in telling us what we need to know – when the time is right, we will know in our hearts for sure! By putting our trust in Him, this leads me to my final point:
5. I have been reminded that when we trust in the Lord, we are right where we’re supposed to be in His will. I still have so much to learn, but by being open to seeing when I have faulty ways of viewing things in my life, I’m able to take so many steps forward! I hope and pray the same is true for you. There will be many quiet days in all of our lives, when we wonder if where we are is where we are supposed to be … and only through the peace that He gives us will we know that for certain. I now know that even in the most silent of moments of my existence, He is still good, and His plan for me is still very much there. ❤
Thank you for reading this quick review! I can’t tell you how much I enjoyed this book, because I’m still slowly letting everything that it taught me to soak in. I’m truly looking forward to seeing where the Lord is leading me – I know that He will accomplish great things in my future!
Have I convinced YOU to read this book?
Let me know in the comments below!