Hi there! I hope you’re having a beautiful day. ❤ I’d like to thank Christina @ Christina and Camera for nominating me for the Versatile Blogger Award! I’m excited to write about that today. 🙂
Hello there, and Happy Valentine’s Day to you! On this beautiful morning, I am happy to host a positive blog party – everyone’s invited! Simply read the rules below to join in. ❤
Valentine’s Day Blog Party
- Leave a comment on this post – share your name, blog link, and what you write about!
- Visit other commenters’ blogs and meet new people.
- Tell them in a comment on THIS POST what you love about their blog!
- This party is open from 8 AM EST on February 14th until 8 AM EST on February 18th.
You don’t have to comment on every single comment to participate, but I would love for you to join in as much as you’re able to!
I can’t wait to chat with you guys!
“In order to carry a positive action we must develop here a positive vision.” – Dalai Lama
I’ve been thinking about creating a blogging award these last few weeks.
In my nearly two years of blogging, I started the Awesome Blogger Award and The Fall Tag, both of which I enjoyed awarding people and tagging other bloggers to participate in! Tags and awards are a great way to keep the blogging community inspired and encouraged, so creating a new one every once in a while helps all of us to keep the blogging spirit alive. ❤
My motivation behind creating The Positivity Blogger Award is to thank the beautiful bloggers I know who add happiness to my Reader! I am extremely thankful that I’ve met all of you. I’d love it if you could participate in this award! (Although I completely understand if you don’t want to.)
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you.
2. Display the award photo and rules in your post.
3. Share the reason behind the award.
4. Answer the set of eight questions.
5. Nominate the bloggers whose blogs you love!
I created this and am nominating myself for it, just to get the positivity party started!
The Positivity Blogger Award was started by Maggie @ Dreaming of Guatemala to encourage and uplift other bloggers. Our journeys as online writers can be an arduous one, so remembering why we started, as well as going back to our roots as a blogger, is a beautiful way to stay inspired and motivated to keep on writing. Here’s to the world of bloggers!
Why did you start your blog? To provide myself with a creative outlet where I can express myself, inspire others, and continue my passion for blogging. 😄
Are you still blogging for that same reason? Most definitely! I’ve experimented with different kinds of posts over the months, but I still enjoy being creative, sharing my thoughts, and writing helpful posts.
What is your favorite thing about your blog? I love that I’ve been able to adapt my blog to different changes I’ve made in my life, while still blogging for the same purpose! It’s kind of hard to explain, but I’m just happy that I’ve kept my blog relevant and an overall good place for me to write.
Is your blog your favorite blog? (Because it should be!) I ask myself this question a lot. More often than not, I come up short … because I continually look at the surrounding world of blogging to validate my worth. I see that my posts, which I’m 100% happy with when I’m finished with them, look nothing like the polished articles I see on Pinterest. I start thinking that because my blog doesn’t resemble the “norm,” maybe it’s not as picturesque and professional. If I could, for one moment, stop looking at others’ blogs to validate my creative efforts, then yes, my blog is, by far, my absolute favorite. Its content makes me happy and proud, and its design beautifully matches my personality.
What is your favorite kind of post to write? Something that really helps me to work through something. My initial tendency on this blog was to only share the positive aspects of my life, but the more I opened up to what I was going through, I realized how therapeutic it can be!
What is something you could do to improve your blog? Embrace the fact that my posting schedule is here and there. 😂 I’ve been tempted over the months to develop a schedule for the sake of predictability and consistency, but I find that I lose motivation when I do that. Sharing too many posts that are similar, or are on a topic I’m really not interested in one week, is limiting. At the moment, I love sharing posts as I think of them!
Are you happy with your blog? YES. Goodness yes, I very much am.
Thank you so much for brightening my Reader!
Soph + Abbie @ Coastal Twins
Sydney @ The Weekly Adventurer
Hannah @ crafts of all seasons
Why did you start your blog?
Are you still blogging for that same reason?
What is your favorite thing about your blog?
Is your blog your favorite blog? (Because it should be!)
What posts of yours are the happiest with?
What is your favorite kind of post to write?
What is something you could do to improve your blog?
Are you happy with your blog?
I can’t wait to read your answers! ❤ Don’t forget to nominate all the people who brighten up your Reader – even if I already nominated them!
Hey there, guys, and happy Tuesday! I have a crazily-awesome post to share with you today, haha – it might be quite long, so be prepared! In the past few weeks, different lovely bloggers that I know included me in their nominees for various holiday tags! There are at least five of these in circulation right now, which is so awesome. lol I’m very honored to have been tagged in all of these! To celebrate this festive month, I wanted to write about all of them today! Let’s get right into this!
The Christmas Tag
Thank you so much for tagging me, Gracie!
- What’s your favorite thing about Christmas? Spending that time with my family on Christmas morning, as well as on the days leading up to the holiday, is such a joy to me. Watching everyone open their presents, eating our Christmas breakfast together, and spending the day playing games, then helping with Christmas dinner – it’s a beautiful celebration.
- What’s your favorite Christmas memory? I truly couldn’t pick just one! There have been so many wonderful ones that they all blend together, so that when I think of Christmas, I’m reminded of all the beautiful past Christmases.
- Are there special traditions your family has for Christmas? Yes! We love having Christmas breakfast (and then dinner) on the day of, as I previously mentioned, but we also enjoy driving around throughout December, admiring how others have decorated their homes for Christmas. (Many people are SO creative!)
- What’s your Christmas wish? (Can be personal or general) Well, I’d love to have a white Christmas where I live, but I wish for that literally every year, lol. I don’t think that will happen until we move farther north!! Aside from that … I’d love for my whole family to feel well, emotionally and physically, on Christmas Day. There have been many stresses we’ve been going through lately, and it would be a huge blessing to all of us to have a day of such joy. ❤
- What’s your favorite Christmas dish? This may seem crazy, haha, but I honestly love having cinnamon rolls (as well as orange rolls!) on Christmas morning. We don’t usually have them the rest of the year, since they’re so sugary, but I love them so much.
- What’s your favorite Christmas decoration? I love admiring our Christmas tree throughout December! It’s so festive, pretty, and bright.
- What’s your favorite Christmas song? Once Upon A Christmas by Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton has always meant a lot to me.
- Where do you usually celebrate Christmas? My family and I always celebrate at home. The years we’ve gone to parties with friends and family is earlier in the month, never on the day of.
- What does the ‘Christmas Spirit’ mean to you? The feeling of such joy when you choose a present for someone, and then get to watch them open it on or around Christmas! It’s a magical feeling that I wish we could experience more often.
- Who out of anybody in the world would you want to spend your Christmas with? I can’t imagine spending it with just one person, so I’ll have to pick the group I’ve always spent my Christmases with: my family!
The Ultimate Christmas Q+A
Thank you for tagging me in this, Grace!
What is your favorite Christmas film? Honestly, The Muppet Christmas Carol! I’ve already watched it a few times this December, but I can never get enough of it. I love the acting, the characters are so funny, and the songs are great. It’s very entertaining; I definitely recommend that you watch it if you haven’t yet!
Have you ever had a white Christmas? Haha, no. 😥 One day, I hope!
Where do you usually spend Christmas? At home with my family! ❤
What are your favorite Christmas songs? You can see a good amount of them on this post!
When does your family put up your Christmas tree? Usually on December 1st, but some years it will be a bit delayed into the month if we’re too busy.
Do you open presents on Christmas Eve? Well, my brother does, haha! That’s his birthday (: My family and I did open a few Christmas presents on Christmas Eve, but that never became a tradition for us.
What holiday traditions are you looking forward to most this year? Driving around and admiring Christmas lights! Otherwise, Christmas Day is always exciting to me.
Who decorates the Christmas tree? Everyone! My brother and I assemble the fake tree, then Joshua, our mom and I separate the branches. My mom usually does the lights, and I only did this year because she wasn’t feeling well enough to. Once that’s done, everyone helps with putting on the ornaments.
Is your Christmas tree fake or real? See question above.
Do you like giving gifts or receiving gifts? I do love opening presents, because that’s such an exciting feeling, but I’d much rather watch someone I love open a present I got them that I know they’ll love. ❤
What is your favorite holiday treat/meal? Like I mentioned in a past question, I love eating Christmas breakfast and dinner with my whole family!
What is the best Christmas gift you’ve ever received? I loved getting the collection of Poirot short stories last year!
What would be your dream place to visit for the holiday season? Somewhere where it snows. Not too much; just enough to cover the ground a few inches. Maybe Tennessee or Kentucky?? haha
Are you a pro present wrapper? I like to think I am, haha, but wrapping oddly-shaped presents (especially toys!) is a huge struggle for me!
What’s your most memorable holiday moment? I can’t think of a specific one, as each and every Christmas morning over the years has been so magical!
Do you make New Years’ resolutions? Ooh, a new-year question! I do some years, but usually, I just set out to further pursue things that I already love or want to do. It’s a season of greater determination to get things done, but as for actual resolutions? The whole thing doesn’t work very well for me.
What makes the holidays special for you? Getting to spend so much time with my family. ❤
Are you a late Christmas shopper? No; I tend to get all my present shopping done with plenty of days left in the month to spare.
Do you like having your Christmas gifts kept as a surprise? Yes!! It’s so nice to not know what I’m getting, because then it’s a wonderful surprise. Sometimes, it’s nice to get a present I’ve been wanting, but I appreciate surprises more.
Have you ever peeked to see what your present was? No, I don’t think I have. I’ve been tempted to when I was little, though, haha
Does your family have a special holiday recipe that you make every year? I don’t think so; we do much more baking and cooking for Thanksgiving!
Have you ever gone Christmas-caroling? No, I haven’t. If you have, let me know if it was fun!
What tops your Christmas tree? A beautiful star!
When do you start getting excited for Christmas? December 1st. haha
What makes Christmas special for you? Spending Christmas Day with my family!
Why do you celebrate Christmas? My family and I celebrate the birth of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. The typical Christmas traditions of buying presents for family and friends and baking delicious food are both very fun, but at the heart of the holidays for us is a beautiful reminder of what our Lord did for us. 🙂
The Wacky Christmas Challenge
1. What is the strangest thing you ever got for Christmas?
Different years, I received bits and bobs that would eventually come in handy for crafts I was wanting to try. For example, cheap toothbrushes, which my dad helped me turn into DIY porcupines, haha!!
2. Do you eat turkey for Christmas dinner, or something else?
My family and I tend to give our Christmas dinners variety every year, but we most commonly have chicken as the main dish on Christmas, not turkey. We love having a fancy turkey just on Thanksgiving, usually.
3. Have you ever eaten fruitcake? Do you like it?
I tried it a few years ago and I wasn’t the biggest fan. But I didn’t hate it!
4. Do you prefer real or fake Christmas trees?
I really couldn’t say, haha! My family and I have always used a fake tree, but I LOVE how real trees smell. Since I’m used to it, though, I’d have to pick fake.
5. What is the strangest gift you’ve ever given someone?
I’m not sure. I can’t think of a specific one right now; most of my gifts are quite ordinary, hehe
6. What is the most you’ve ever spent on a gift?
I don’t usually have much money for buying expensive gifts, but I do know that I spent going on $17 on a special edition of my dad’s favorite magazine a few years ago. I was very happy that he liked it! xD
The Holiday Tag
Thank you sooo much for making this tag, Lindsey!
- What’s the best gift you’ve ever received? My Bible! It is definitely my most-loved possession; I have no idea what I’d do without it. ❤
- What’s your favorite Christmas carol or song? I love Baby, It’s Cold Outside! Really, though, any Christmas song I hear on the radio or find on YouTube I’m bound to hum along to haha
- Do you have any favorite Christmas traditions? Yes! I love looking at Christmas lights, decorating the house and my room for Christmas, and spending Christmas day with my family. ❤
- Do you have any special Christmas ornaments or decorations that have special meaning? We have a few ornaments that are from and remind me of my great-grandma whom I miss dearly, so those mean a lot to me. 🙂
- What’s your favorite COZY outfit to hang out in when it’s cold outside? Ooh I like this question! Cozy clothes are my favorite year-round, haha. I love wearing any pair of sweats I own paired with two different cozy red tops I have worn most of the month already. It’s comfortable, pretty, and definitely great for hanging out in when it’s below and around 32°F outside!
- Does it snow where you live? Once in a blue moon 😥 Truthfully, haha, about every other year. And barely even that. #iwanttomovenorth
- What’s your favorite Christmas movie? I love Elf, and The Nativity Story!
- If you could have any gift, what would it be and why? As a matter of fact, I already received the gift I really desired this year, which is my own laptop! Aside from that, I love opening my stocking and seeing what little goodies my mom put inside on Christmas morning. I don’t need or really want anything more. ❤
The Snowman Tag
Thank you for creating this, El and Cos!
- (Body) How many snowmen have you made? Only a few over the years, since we hardly ever get enough snow to do so! Actually, though, I was able to make two little snowmen this past weekend, since it finally snowed in December where I live! As a whole, I’d say four or five, maybe?
- (Head) What’s your favorite Christmas memory? Every year, I love going downstairs with my siblings on Christmas morning and seeing all the presents under the tree! It’s so magical (:
- (Carrot nose) What’s your favorite vegetable for Christmas dinner? My mom makes green bean casserole, and it is SO good!
- (Buttons) If you have a Christmas jumper, what does it look like? Sadly, I don’t have one, but I totally should! *adds one to my mental wishlist*
- (Stone smile) What makes you smile the most at winter? All of the festivities and holiday cheer!
- (Stone eyes) What do you watch at Christmas? Our collection of Christmas movies! We have different family and adult Christmas movies, but for the most part, we have kids’ Christmas movies which I still love because they remind me of how magical I felt Christmas was when I was younger. ❤
- (Twig arms) Have you ever made a snow angel? Yes, and it was a big mistake, hahaha! The outcome was alright, but it soaked my whole back and pants. Seven-year-old me was very sad that day haha
- (Gloves) What’s your tactic in a snowball fight? Making sure no one throws any snow at my face/eyes. Once that defense is taken care of, I sneakily throw little snowballs at the opposite team when they’re not looking!
- (Hat) What kind of hat do you have? I have different beanies, and a baseball cap or two. I don’t usually wear hats, though.
- (Scarf) What’s your favorite Christmas preparation? Wrapping presents throughout the month of December! It’s so much fun, and I love thinking about how happy the people will be when they open those presents.
Thank you SO much for following along on this extremely long post, guys!! I had a blast writing it, and I hope that you enjoyed reading some of the answers. I know there were a lot, so I totally don’t mind if you skimmed through it!
If I nominated you for one of these tags, know that I love your blog so much and appreciate that you’re part of the blogging community!
Let me know in the comments below:
Why do YOU love Christmas?