Hey there! I hope you’re having a beautiful day. ❤ In this post, I’ve written about three blog awards I was recently nominated for! I hope you enjoy reading 🙂
r a n d o m n e s s
a w a r d
Thanks for nominating me for this, Kaelyn! I would definitely recommend that you follow her blog – she has one of my favorite blogs on WordPress! ❤ The rules for this award are to shoutout to the person who nominated you, answer their questions for you, nominate 5 people, and ask them 10 questions. Here we go!
1. Why did you start blogging?
When I was ten, I joined a website called HomeschoolBlogger! It doesn’t exist anymore, but on that site, everyone was encouraged to start a blog. I loved the thought of having my own online journal, since I loved actual journaling in real life, so that’s when my blogger life started.
2. What is your hobby or hobbies that you do?
I love spending time with the Lord, playing games with my family, baking/cooking new things, practicing voice impressions, learning new dance moves, exploring the great outdoors, writing blog posts, exercising, making others laugh, making myself laugh … the list goes on!
3. Do you do any sports?
No, I don’t.
4. Do you have any pets or animals?
No, but I used to have a guinea pig named Oreo!
5. Do you do any art or music? 🙂
I have taught myself some piano keyboard basics, and I’m very interested in coloring, doodling, and sketching! (Click here to see some of my most recent artwork.)
6. Who is your favorite author?
I’d have to say Lori Wick!
7. Favorite genre of music and favorite song?
Oooh boy, I love so many genres! I guess my favorite would have to be Christian praise, but then my favorite song at the moment (which does not fall into that genre) is ‘Sunflower‘ by Post Malone & Swae Lee.
8. What is the most recent blog you have followed?
Kinsey @ Over the Withers! She has such a beautiful blog ❤
9. Who was your first follower?
I don’t remember who the very first one was, but Diana @ La Petit Muse was one of the first!
10. Who is your latest follower?
My 5 Nominees:
- Ariana @ Ariana’s Archives
- Gaby @ quaint & darling
- Hattush @ Daughter of the Light
- Gracie @ Through the Eyes of Gracie
- Isabel @ Chasing Fantasia
My 10 Questions:
- What are your top three biggest blogging goals?
- What’s your favorite blog post you’ve written and why?
- What movie still makes you laugh no matter how many times you watch it?
- If you had to pick one animal to describe you, what would it be and why?
- What’s your favorite way to spend a weekend?
- Do you prefer the country or the city?
- What was your favorite age growing up?
- What was the last show you binge-watched?
- How long have you been blogging?
- Who’s your favorite YouTuber?
l i e b s t e r / a w a r d
Here are the rules: thank the person who nominated you, share 11 facts about yourself, answer 11 questions, tag 11 bloggers, and give them 11 new questions. *phew*
I’m going to look around my desk setup at the moment and see if I can come up with the eleven facts, which should be interesting!
11 Facts About Me
- I’ve lived in the state of Georgia for my entire life.
- I’m very patriotic – I’m definitely proud to be an American!
- My dream car is a green VW Beetle.
- I used to read books and write stories on dragons, but they’re not really an interest of mine anymore.
- I just recently started playing Pokémon again with my brothers – we have a lot of fun with it!
- I still have my tiny ‘Dream Big’ sign, which has been around since my first desk tour.
- I like candles. I have I think five of them right now.
- I don’t wear necklaces as much as I’d like to, but my little sisters try to pull them off!
- I recently found out that The Cheesecake Factory makes delicious pudding cups and I am in love.
- There’s a psychology book I checked out from the library a few weeks ago that I need to finish reading.
- The featured image I made for this post is one of my all-time favorites!
My Answers To
1. Are you interested in archery?
I am, actually! For one thing, Merida makes it look amazing, but I was interested in it even before I watched Brave. Now, if I can only find someone to give me archery lessons …
2. Do you have siblings?
Yes! Four: there’s Joshua (15), Samuel (7), Elizabeth (3), and Isabella (1).
3. Do you like pizza?
YES! It’s definitely one of my favorite dinners.
4. What is your dream job?
I’d love to be an ASL (American Sign Language) interpreter! ❤
5. Have you ever moved?
Yes, my family and I moved out of my childhood home in 2015.
6. If you like to read, what is your favorite book?
I do love reading! My favorite book is definitely the Bible.
7. What is your favorite song?
I already mentioned ‘Sunflower’ earlier in this post, so I’ll pick another one: ‘Without You‘ by Avicii!
8. Do you like Christmas music?
Yeah, except for when stores start playing it in September. pfffft
9. Have you ever made jello at home (It’s really easy, people! You should definitely try it!)
No, I haven’t! But I should 😀
10. Have you ever gotten one of those mini drones stuck in your hair???? (My poor sister and cousin both have thick hair and for some reason at Christmas, they always seem to get those drones stuck in their hair.)
Ooh boy, I’m sorry to hear that! No, that hasn’t happened to me … yet … I’ve had plenty of RC cars run over my feet, though, and RC helicopters whip past my head!
11. What do you hope in? Like, what gives you hope to keep going in life?
The Lord is the One Who gives me hope. ❤ In my darkest moments, in the hardest times of my life, He has never and will never give up on me, and that is what keeps me going.
- Emma @ My Redemption for His Glory
- El @ Elated Books
- Hannah @ the striped plaid
- Jo @ pananaw
- Amelia @ Amelia in Hull
- Shannon @ Kittyp0p
- Christina @ Christina and Camera
- Grace @ Following Him Beside Still Waters
- Maysa @ Maysa Rose
- Vanessa @ Living like a green olive tree
- Bekah @ Questionable Tortoise Couture
- What are your favorite summer activities/pastimes?
- What song do you love to dance along to the most?
- What’s your favorite board game?
- If you could have any exotic pet, what animal would you choose and why?
- What’s your dream job? Why would you love to have that job?
- What are some of your short-term goals?
- What TV family most reminds you of your own?
- How do you show your family you love them?
- What are a few baby names you’d consider using with your future children (if you plan on having any)?
- Are you more like your mom or your dad?
- What has been the happiest moment of this year so far for you?
h o n o r / t h y
m o t h e r / t a g
Thanks for tagging me in this, Kaelyn!
- Thank the person who nominated you to participate.
- Link back to the original post. (here)
- Use the original featured image.
- Copy and paste the meaning of this tag into your post.
- Answer the questions.
- Nominate one or more people to participate.
- Enjoy the rest of your month!
The Meaning Of This Tag:
A mother is someone who loves her child unconditionally, nourishes them, protects them always, teaches them values, disciplines them fairly, and wants the best for them. For that, we should always, ALWAYS have respect for our mothers. They are designed to bring beautiful life into this world and nurture that precious life as God created them to. Mother’s Day is about reminding your mother how much you appreciate her, but I hope this tag will perhaps remind you this month how blessed you are to have a mother at all.
Now, I don’t want anyone getting the wrong idea about this tag. Trust me, I study psychology in college currently and I know there is no perfect relationship with a parent. If you have been abused, neglected, or abandoned by your mother then you probably will not enjoy the idea of honoring her. And you know what? There is nothing wrong with how you feel. She hurt you, and that hurt may never go away depending on how severe it was. Your mother may be an addict, a narcissist, an abuser, a cheater, a liar…the list goes on and on. I am blessed to have the mother I have, because I think of her as pretty close to perfect, but many are not as blessed as I have been.
However, (I know, that’s never a fun word to hear), we are called to honor our mothers. For me, that’s easy. My mother is my best friend and is the most amazing person in existence besides Jesus in my mind. Honoring her is the least I can do for everything she has been through, everything she has sacrificed, and everything she does daily to be the incredible person and mother she is.
But, like I said before, many don’t feel that way about their mothers and the last thing they may want to do is call their mom, send her a card, or give her a present for simply giving birth to them. (Trust me, I have a step-mother and two grandmothers I don’t speak to). So…how does one honor their mother in that case?
Pray for her. What she did or didn’t do in childhood has many ramifications, many of which you may live daily, and exposing yourself to her abuse for the sake of Mother’s Day is not a good idea and I don’t encourage it. What I have learned from dealing with other family members is that it’s okay to love and honor someone from afar. It’s better to learn to love and forgive someone from a distance than to hate and hurt up close. Don’t be ashamed for doing that. Honoring someone does not mean letting them hurt you anymore. Just say, “Thank you for being in my life as God willed it, I forgive you for what you’ve done, but I am going to love you and honor you from a safe distance.”
May I share some words of encouragement? I know it may make this tag a bit long, but I feel like there’s someone that needs to hear this:
- Your mother wasn’t kind to you, but that does not mean you are not worthy of kindness.
- Your mother wasn’t there for you, but that does not mean no one ever will be.
- Your mother abused you, but that does not mean you deserved it.
- Your mother lies, but that does not mean you don’t know the truth.
- Your mother manipulates, but that does not mean you can’t get control back in your life.
- Your mother loved you as she was capable of loving you, but God loves you unconditionally and will give you the love she was unable to give.
Honor your mother, whether it’s through a simple prayer or a sweet gift on Mother’s Day. If you can’t do it for her, do it for you. And, if you believe in Him, do it for Him.
My Answers To The Questions:
1. What is your relationship like with your birth mother, if anything at all?
The Lord has blessed me immensely through my mother! For my entire life, she has been my best friend, confidant, mentor, teacher, fellow creator (we’re both avid bloggers!) … I don’t know who I’d be without her. We’ve both gone through a lot of things, together and apart, and even though I wish those rough times hadn’t happened, our friendship has grown even stronger through them. I am extremely thankful that the Lord gave me her as my mother. ❤
2. What is one thing you would change about your birth mother if you could? What is one thing you wouldn’t change?
If I would change anything about her, it would be to help her see that the work she does on a daily basis to care for our family and our home is enough. I want her to know that even when she gets less done than she would’ve preferred, that’s okay! What matters is that in the end, we’re all loving and supporting each other in the ways that we’re able to. One thing I wouldn’t change is her ability to find creative new ways to make our family dynamics run more smoothly – it’s a huge blessing to me what the Lord gives her to positively impact our family!
3. Who do you celebrate on Mother’s Day (your mother, step-mother, grandmother, aunt, etc.)?
My mother and my great-grandmother. They’re the top two ‘mom’ figures closest to my heart!
4. What was the most valuable thing she taught you?
My mom has taught me so many things over the years, so I’ll highlight the most recent one: being the constant help I am to my family is exactly what the Lord has for my life right now. After I graduated from high school last year, I found it very hard to focus on caring for others because I really thought that I needed to go off to college, get a job, etc., and I felt trapped in a way, like I wasn’t advancing to the next life stage I was supposed to be … you know, advancing to. xD So, a couple of days ago, my mom encouraged me once again to enjoy this chapter of my life that the Lord has chosen for me, because continuing to be a big sister to my siblings is a huge help to my family. I don’t know where I’d be without them!
5. What is one thing she does (did) that you would never do?
I can’t think of anything.
6. How do you honor her on Mother’s Day?
I spend time with her, and I also watch my younger siblings to give her more time to focus on a hobby or work on projects, which she’s not able to do when she’s spending time with them. 🙂
7. How has your relationship with her impacted the person you are today?
My mom has shown me that being able to be best friends with your mom is one of the most beautiful gifts in the world. I struggled to see her for the companion she was (and is!) when I was a preteen, because I really felt at that time like teen girl friends were the people I should be besties with … but I had it all wrong. That negatively affected our relationship for a while, but I know now just how much she means to me. Even if other people my age choose their peers over their moms, I am extremely thankful for the beautiful relationship I have with my mom.
I love you, Mom! ❤
- T. R. Noble @ Inside Cup
- Kendra Lynne @ Wanderling
- Yari Garcia @ Kindness and Calm
- Leigh @ All You Need is Jesus
The 7 Questions:
- What is your relationship like with your birth mother, if anything at all?
- What is one thing you would change about your birth mother if you could? What is one thing you wouldn’t change?
- Who do you celebrate on Mother’s Day (your mother, step-mother, grandmother, aunt, etc.)?
- What was the most valuable thing she taught you?
- What is one thing she does (did) that you would never do?
- How do you honor her on Mother’s Day?
- How has your relationship with her impacted the person you are today?
Thank you so much for reading! I hope you have a beautiful day. 🙂 ❤