Hey there! I hope you’re having a fantastic day. ❤ I have a fun collaboration post to share with you! Last week, I met a lovely new blogger named Autumn, and we immediately became friends! To celebrate the fact that she just reached 50 followers (check out that post here), we decided to team up and host a Q&A session on each other’s blogs!
We’ve decided to share both sets of questions and answers on our posts, as you’ll see in the rest of this post. However, I highly recommend that you go check out Autumn’s blog for yourself! I love the diversity of posts that she writes – my personal favorite of hers at the moment is her post on dyslexia, which I’m so glad she brought to light because there are far too many misconceptions on the subject. Thank you again for writing that, Autumn!
Introduction aside, I am happy to present to you our Q&A. Enjoy!
1. Why did you decide to start blogging?
Mainly, I think I started blogging because I was in need of a hobby after I became a bit bored during the Summer Holidays, and as I love to write, one day I was like ‘why don’t I start a blog!’. I’ve thought of starting the blog in the past, but I felt that this was the right time for me to start Autumn’s Angle!
2. Aside from blogging, what are your other
hobbies and interests?
Well, I love being in the mountains. I love to snow & ice climb as well as rock climb; there’s something so special about walking to the top of a 1000-meter peak and feeling so lucky to soak up & appreciate the views. I wrote a little section in my blog called my ‘Chamonix Adventure’, so do check it out if you’re interested! Also, I am a self-confessed bookworm, normally I’ll have at least one book on the go, sometimes possibly 2 or 3…
3. What is your dream job and why?
Ooh… tough question! If you ask anyone I know, they’ll tell you I have many aspirations. Obviously, it’d be amazing to be a blogger, but apart from that my dream jobs range from owning a business to becoming a heart surgeon, so as you can see I’m keeping my options open! I’d also love to write a book at least once in my life, perhaps as an aside job/ escapism from daily life.
4. A few things that make you really happy?
Fresh air, swimming, watching musicals, baking (sometimes this can make me stressed and or frustrated though if it doesn’t go well…), & blogging, to name a few!
5. What are some things you want
to accomplish in 2019?
I haven’t really thought much about 2019 yet, but I’d love to get Autumn’s Angle to 200, possibly even 300 followers. I’d love my blog to expand even more as I have found a true passion for anything blog related!
I’d like to do something charity related too. I’ve raised money for a charity in the past, and I really enjoyed putting a lot of effort into a good cause.
I also would love to climb another couple of mountains in the Alps! Obviously, this is makes an expensive trip so I’m not necessarily sure if I’ll be able to go again next year, but if I can then, whoop!
6. What’s the nicest compliment
you’ve ever received?
… This question has made me think! I’ve now realised that I have received a lot of compliments in the past, and I will admit to loving giving compliments too. Some of the nicest comments come from the blogging community, so I have to thank everyone for that!! Another example is from a couple of weeks ago when a lovely couple went out of their way to tell me that I was such a polite young lady! That truly was a moment when my heart swelled with pride, so I would have to put that in the mix as well!
7. If you could live anywhere in the world,
where would you want to live?
Another hard question! I’d say that I would love to live in the town of Zermatt, in Switzerland. It’s been my favourite holiday destination for as long as I can remember, and I would do anything to live there!
8. What are three things you can’t live without?
Probably, and I hate to say this, my laptop, a bed (who invented camping?) and my photo albums (these contain special memories – I love them).
9. What are your blogging goals at the moment?
Well, I’d love to reach 100 followers by the new year! And then 200, 300, and so on… Another goal of mine is to familiarise myself with all kinds of posts. For example, a how-to, a tag, a collab (tick!), etc! I’d also love to remove the ‘.wordpress’ part of my URL, but the time will come for that!
10. What’s a quote that really inspires you?
No! Now this question really IS too hard… I have too many! *checks if I can put 2*
‘Dream BIG and dare to fail’
‘Be who you are and say what you feel,
because those who mind don’t matter,
and those who matter don’t mind’
Thank you so much for doing this Q&A with me, Autumn! ❤
Now let’s see my answers to her questions.
1. If I asked a member of your family or a friend what you are like, what do you think they would they say? Ooh this is such an interesting question! 💖 Hmm, they’d probably say that I’m smart, witty, helpful, creative, and kind.
2. On your blog, you say that you love to make people laugh, what’s your best joke? I haven’t talked about this on my blog, but my sense of humor is improvisational and observational. That means that I can’t make jokes on command, because I base my comedy off of my surroundings! However, if you’d like an example of what my jokes are like, this is one that I wrote down shortly after saying it: “The seasonal aisle after the holidays are crazy. I mean, they set it up to the point where discounted items are literally falling off the shelves at your feet! It’s like, “What did I just step on? I guess I’d better buy it…”
3. What’s your favourite quote, or the one you find most inspirational? Ooh that’s a tough one!! I have so many favorites (mainly because of Pinterest haha), but here’s one that I think is really good: “You must strive to find your own voice, because the longer you wait to begin, the less likely you are to find it at all.” – Robin Williams
4. When you set up Dreaming of Guatemala, did you think that you’d reach where you are today? NOT IN THE LEAST. In the first couple of weeks after I created my blog, which was in January of 2017, I thought that it would always be a small Christian lifestyle site, with a maximum following of maybe a few hundred or so. The months that followed proved that initial mindset wrong, which I was perfectly fine with because I adored getting to virtually meet and talk to so many people! Having the ability to reach as many as I do is a huge blessing, which I definitely don’t take for granted.
5. What are your blogging goals at the moment? Well, eventually getting to 3k would be really cool! Aside from that, I would just like to keep up with posting at least once a week.
6. Which country would you like to visit the most, and why? Ireland!! I adore everything about it: the people, the landscapes, the music, the culture, the food … just yes!!!
7. Currently, what is your favourite book? Right now, I’m reading an interesting book containing letters that a former US President (George H. W. Bush) wrote both before and while he was in office. I’m a bit of a nerd haha, I enjoy historical stuff like this!
8. Are you a books or movies person? That’s honestly a tough question for me. When it comes to movie adaptions, I’ll always like the book over the movie! But more recently, I’ve been watching more movies than I have been reading books. I’m really not sure, haha
9. How many languages have you learnt, or attempted to learn? I’m fluent in English, I know a lot of Spanish (I’m on my way to fluency!), aaand that’s really it.
10. What is your favourite language to speak? English, definitely! But Spanish is also a lot of fun.
Thank you for reading this post! I loved collaborating with Autumn – she’s a very sweet and fun blogger! I highly recommend you check out her blog for yourself. ❤
Happy Tuesday to you!