Hi there! I hope you’re having a beautiful day. 💕 I got so excited when I first had the idea for this post! For a very long time, I struggled with drinking the right amount of water. I couldn’t bring myself to drink more water than I was thirsty for, which means that I really only had anything to drink at lunch, possibly in the afternoon, and then dinner. That was never enough, but it wasn’t enjoyable to drink since it had no flavor, and I didn’t know there were awesome health benefits if you drink the right amount!
So, as a kid and then into my teenage years, I slowly made my way along, probably spending most of my younger years at least slightly dehydrated. XD Sad existence, I know. ‘Drink more water‘ is one of those lofty goals we all reach for (c’mon, I know you do it, too!), and for far too much time, I thought it would be something I always struggled with.
When I found a fun water tracking app last summer, however, it completely changed how I look at drinking water!
As soon as I got into the habit of drinking the right amount of water for my body daily, I didn’t have to think about it anymore – my body did it for me! I thought I’d always have to force myself to drink more than I wanted to, but now I need to drink more water, usually every other hour.
I have five main tips for you today when it comes to staying hydrated. These tips have worked for me and are my personal tips for you if you’re wanting to up your water intake, as well – I know I did, and I’d love to share with you how I did it! We all need to be drinking more water ❤
I hope this post can inspire and encourage you! 😊
My 5 Tips For Staying Hydrated
- Find a water tracker app that works for you. This was the starting point for me, because I could see my progress daily instead of just drinking a certain amount of glasses! Plant Nanny is a great one, because you get to water a cute, virtual plant as you drink water yourself, but there are other helpful apps, too.
- Buy a bottle/mug/glass that you really like! I just have an Aquafina bottle that I refill daily (I buy a new one bi-weekly), but I think I’d enjoy it more if I had a pretty bottle to carry around! Just make sure that you know how many fluid ounces your bottle holds, since that’s how you keep track of it on the phone apps. 🙂
- Slowly increase your daily water intake – don’t go too fast. This is EXTREMELY important! I didn’t know to do this when I first started drinking more water, and I became bloated – badly. xD I have to let you guys know because I don’t want the same thing happening to you! Listen to your body and take it slowly – don’t drink to the point where you feel like you’re drowning. I seriously felt like I’d swallowed a bucketful of water after having too much because my body couldn’t handle it. So, once again, go slowly – your body will thank you!
- Pay attention to positive differences in your overall health as you make this change. When I began to see improvement in my energy level just by upping my water last summer, that was a HUGE encouragement for me to keep going! There’s no telling how many things we go through physically that could be traced back to not having enough water. Dehydration is no joke!
- Finally, plan your water intake carefully when not at home. It’s no secret that the more water you drink, the more you have to visit the bathroom! Always make sure that the places you’ll be going have the amenities your body needs, haha, because there’s no way you’ll be able to hold it until you get home.
Thank you so much for reading this post! I had a great time sharing my journey with you. 🙂 I really hope this will encourage you to start drinking more water! It takes consistency and dedication, but it is totally worth it – it’ll improve your overall health, as well as make you proud of how far you’ve come!
I hope you have a beautiful day! Let me know in the comments below:
Are YOU increasing your water intake?