Hi there! Happy Tuesday to you. ❤ Last summer, I wrote a post that was very similar to this one, and I loved getting to list all of the things I’m excited to experience one day! This is a realistic bucket list of sorts – instead of choosing different things that I’d like to see happen, I’m including fifteen things that I know will happen in the years to come. ❤ This ensures that I won’t be disappointed, haha! If you’d like to read the looking-ahead list I wrote last July, click here 🙂 Intro aside, I’m happy to know share with you the 15 exciting things I’ve come up with for today! Enjoy!
My Looking-Ahead List: 15 Exciting Things
(Updated For 2018)
1. The day I have a happy, comfortable smile. Since I was eight years old, I’ve been struggling with sensitive gums, crowded teeth, misalignment, and stressful dentist visits. I am deeply looking forward to the day I’m done with braces and any other work I’ll need done – I’m on my way to healing!
2. Officially learning to ride a horse. Having gotten to do this three times these last few months, I am certain that I’ll take lessons one day to know how to properly care for and correctly ride a horse! I dream of one day having my own and getting to spend more time with those sweet creatures. ❤
3. The day I get my first job. I have mentioned that I’ve been looking into getting work since just before I turned 16, haha, but that hasn’t happened yet! I think I’ll begin working either this summer or upcoming fall.
4. Getting to know my future husband. My love life (or lack thereof, hehe) is not something I mention much on here. However, I must let you know that spending my teenage years reading beautiful romance novels has certainly strengthened my desire to one day have a love story of my own!
5. Having a child of my own. The day the Lord calms my fears involving childbirth is the same day I’ll adore the thought of having my own beautiful baby. ❤ Adoption is still strongly on my heart, though!
6. Having my own home to furnish. I have come to realize in my years of bedroom decorating just how much I love interior design! I’m excited by the thought of one day getting to decorate an entire house and not just my little living space.
7. Pursuing the career path the Lord has for me. I still cannot tell you what this will be, although I will say that my extensive love for educational things, being happy with where He leads me will not be a problem, haha!
8. Getting to swim again. It has actually been a few years since I was able to go swimming. We don’t live too close to the ocean, and we don’t know anyone with a pool. *sighs* One day!
9. Attending my siblings’ weddings. This is quite a distance into the future, and is extremely sentimental, but I absolutely adore the thought of being present for all of my younger siblings’ weddings! Special occasions are so much fun, and getting to be there for their special days would make me very happy.
10. Becoming fluent in Spanish. I have highs and lows in my interest in language-learning, and at the moment I’m actually taking a break. However, I still believe that I will eventually attain fluency en español, and I can’t wait for that day!
11. Gaining confidence when posing for pictures. In doing more ‘outfit of the day’ photoshoots with my mom (check out my latest one here!), this is slowly getting easier to do!
12. Getting to travel the world. There are many spots in America that are on my list, but I’m also looking forward to one day (hopefully!) visiting Europe, and possibly some places in Central America, as well. 🙂
13. Buying my dream car. For the past four years or so, I’ve had my heart set on owning my very own green VW Beetle. We’ll see if I’m ever able to own one!
14. Going to an Unspoken concert with my mom this fall. One of our favorite bands is going to be having a concert near us in September, and I’m reallyyyy hoping we’ll get to go!
15. Having a pet again. It has been seven years since I had one, and while the deaths of my favorite guinea pig and cat absolutely broke my heart, I’d really like to have a dog one day. I’m thinking either a Labrador Retriever, or a Pug. Would both work?? xD
Thank you so much for reading! ❤ I loved getting to write about all those things that I’m looking forward to one day doing / having. You’ll have to let me know in the comments below:
What are YOU looking forward to?
I hope you have a beautiful week!