Hi there! I hope you’re having a beautiful day. ❤ Today, I am writing about a beautiful new blog award that I was recently nominated for! T.R. Noble over at Inside Cup included me in her list of nominees for the Light Of The World Award. Thank you so much for nominating me, T.R.! She is an absolutely amazing, dedicated blogger who actually runs two different blogs! You can check out her spiritual blog here, and her personal one here. Also, if you’d like, you can read her post on the award I’m writing about today here.
I am absolutely honored to have been included in this award, because it is for bloggers who are blogging for the same reason I am – to shine the light of Christ! It makes me very happy to be part of this community for this reason. ❤ You can check out the rules for this award below, as well as the reason behind it! I hope you enjoy reading my answers. 🙂
Purpose Of Light Of The World Award
Created by Joe of Light House Devotion.
The Apostle Paul said, “Pay everyone what is owed: taxes to whom taxes are due, revenue to whom revenue is due, respect to whom respect is due, honor to whom honor is due.” (Romans 13:7).
Joe shares, “I believe that true believers and followers of Jesus Christ are actually like lighthouses for God. For this reason and because Jesus Himself said that we are the “light of the world,” I decided to create The Light of The World Award to honor authors (bloggers) whose presence on the web serves as a shining light for Christ and His Gospel of salvation.”
Questions + My Answers
1. What three words would you use to describe your blog?
A: I’d have to pick inspirational, honest, and helpful. These three words are the driving force behind all of my posts!
2. In what way(s) can a Christian shine for Christ?
A: By loving others as Christ does – being there for people, going out of your way to show that you care for someone, by simply being friendly for no other reason. Another way is by sharing what’s on your heart, and I’ve found that telling someone what feels right to say to them has ended up impacting them way more than my own words could have. ❤
3. What Bible verse (quote it) talks about being a light in a dark and lost world?
A: There are many verses I love that talk about being a light, but here’s one of my favorites: “I have come into the world as a light, so that no one who believes in Me should stay in darkness.” – John 12:46
4. What Christian song do you know that has the word “light” in it? Provide a link if available.
A: The first one that came to mind was “Be The Light” by Anthem Lights and Jamie Grace. This is one of my favorite songs by them, because the lyrics are absolutely relateable!
Anyone who loves to shine the light of Christ through blogging! I don’t know too many other bloggers who share the kind of content I do, and the two lovely ladies I thought of to nominate (T.R. Noble and Savannah) have already been nominated, hehe.
- Save and add one of the award images on your blog. (Here is the link for the award post with images and rules of award.)
- Create a page/post to mention the award nomination and thank the person/blog that nominated you. Make sure you provide a link to their site.
- Give credit to the creator of the award (Lighthouse Devotions) and provide a link to the site as well. (http://www.Lighthousedevotions.blog)
- List the rules.
- Answer the next four questions on the same post:
- What three words would you use to describe your blog?
- In what way(s) can a Christian shine for Christ?
- What bible verse (quote it) talks about being a light in a dark and lost world?
- What Christian song do you know that has the word “light” in it? Provide a link if available.
- Nominate 7 or more people/blogs to receive the award. Briefly explain why you think they should receive it and provide a link to their sites.
- Contact them and let them know that you nominated them.
- Provide them with a link to the Rules page.
- Say a prayer thanking God for His light and ask that He continue to shine it through you and your blog.
- Keep shining the light of Christ wherever you go and in whatever you do!
Thank you for reading! ❤ I hope that you have a beautiful day. 🙂