Hey there! I hope you’re having a great day. ❤ It has been just over two months since I wrote an update post on my health and fitness journey. While I had considered writing one in May, not much had changed for me throughout April, so I decided to wait until there was a bit more to update on, lol. I will be sharing with you how last month went for me, as well as what I’m planning to do in the month of June! Going over what my health and fitness progress was like in May will be helpful to evaluate, and sharing my goals for June will make me accountable and motivated. ❤
I hope that this can inspire you on your very own journey! 🙂 Thank you for wanting to check out how my journey toward better health is going!
If you’re interested, you can read the introduction to this series here.
My Health And Fitness Journey:
A June 2018 Update
May was a rocky month for me health-wise for two main, unavoidable reasons. I ate strangely in May because I had my wisdom teeth removed, which means my diet was very soft for just over two weeks, and my fitness schedule suffered because I was distracted from normal routines by my family’s search for a new house. So, eating restrictions and spending less time at home (which is where I exercise) resulted in putting my normal health goals on hold. Thankfully, I never felt sick by how I had to eat and my lack of physical fitness, but I have missed getting to do these things because of how good it feels to stay healthy and active.
In looking back at the post I did in April, I’ve noticed some differences in how I felt then vs. how I feel now toward food and fitness. First of all, after having cut out different foods that were hard for me to stick to serving sizes of (i.e. my favorite crackers, lol), it’s easier for me to eat the right amount. The next thing I noticed is that I’m making awesome progress on curbing my sugar addiction! And the craziest thing is that I have two things to thank for this: oral surgery and my skin.
Both of those topics are hardly thank-worthy to me, haha! But here’s why 🙂
While still on my soft diet in the recovery weeks, the only enjoyable treat/snack I could have was fresh fruit. Strawberries, grapes, watermelon, honeydew melon, peaches, pears, cantaloupe – I absolutely loved eating all of these in place of the other artificial treats I’ll usually have!! And I found that once I was able to eat normally again, I was absolutely craving fresh fruit like I never have before.
Along with this change toward sweet food, I was quick to notice that while recovering, my facial skin cleared up completely. I always have at least a small amount of acne somewhere on my face, which is due to my diet (it’s hard for me to pinpoint what causes it) and hormones, as well. I never would have guessed that my post-surgery diet would do wonders for my skin!! So, when my normal acne returned (and worse) once I returned to eating normally, I hastily evaluated my diet. You know what I had added back once I could chew normally again? Baked goods!
Below, I will share with you my health and fitness goals for the month of June. ❤
- Ease back into a healthy diet after recovering from oral surgery. Having serving sizes of everything, as well as choosing healthier choices even when I’d rather have something less healthy, is the plan!
- Cut out baked goods for the next two weeks. I began this goal today (June 6th), and I’ll probably keep it up after these next fourteen days are over! While I absolutely love eating baked goods, there are better alternatives for my skin – and my cravings.
- Eat a lot of fresh fruit. Within reason, of course, haha. Canned fruit is good, as well! (In lite syrup, that is.)
- Keep up with the habit of having one soda a week (or less!). It’s good for me to have other drinks over this bubbly awesomeness. It is getting easier for me to say no to this kind of drink!
- Exercise at least once a day. Doing some form of fitness every day, whether it’s for ten minutes or an hour, will be extremely easy to do and will help me to keep up with staying fit!
- Look into joining a gym / starting water aerobics. I’d love to see what my area offers, because I’d thoroughly enjoy doing both of these things! I’ve only gotten to go to a gym a few times in my life, since they’re really meant for adults lol, but I had a great time each time I went. 🙂
Thank you so much for reading! I hope that my experiences could inspire you on your own health and fitness journey. ❤ I’m excited to stick to and accomplish these goals! Let me know in the comments below:
What are YOUR current health and fitness goals?
Happy Wednesday to you! Wishing you a beautiful day 🙂