Hello there, and Happy Friday to you! ❤ I hope you’re doing well 🙂 In this post, I will be looking back on how I spent the month of March, which I have to say was truly enjoyable as a whole! I accomplished many of the tasks that were on my to-do list for the month (which I’ll share below!), experienced some fun things with my family, and I also got back into blogging this month. I can’t wait to tell you about all of it!
How was your March? I really hope it was a good month for you, and also that you’re looking forward to April as much as I am! 🙂 Let me know in the comments below: what did you love about March? And what are you excited about in April? I’d love to know! Now I’m happy to give you today’s post. I hope you like reading it!
March’s To-Do List:
Checking Things Off
- watch some more movies. I’m very happy to say that I did this one! I usually don’t get around to watching new films, but I was able to in March because we bought different family films online and found other good movies at second-hand stores that we all enjoyed. My favorite of the month would have to be Jack, which Robin Williams is in, because it was SO good!
- continue to organize digital photos. I didn’t take as many photos as I would have thought I would in March, haha – and that’s actually a very good thing! I found myself living in the moment more these past few weeks, which means my camera wasn’t always out (: Because of this, my pictures folder is still quite organized, which makes me happy.
- read (at least!) one book. Because it was on my list, I did end up reading, but I only got around to my minimum requirement! In March, I read one cozy mystery on my mom’s tablet, which I ended up really enjoying – it’s called Alice In Murderland (the actual book is lighthearted, not matching the title whatsoever) by Samantha Silver. It was fun, witty, and I had no idea throughout the book who the culprit was! If you like mysteries, I definitely recommend this one. ❤
master my favorite settings on my camera.Because of different circumstances with my family, as well as uneven priorities, I did not work on my camera very much this past month. However, this is one of my main goals for April, so I will be carrying it over into next month’s list! finish the Spanish courses on Memrise.As it turns out, the last level on this Spanish course is much more difficult than I was anticipating! haha because of this, I’m giving myself more time, since I don’t want to overload my brain with funny says en español xD try a few new recipes.I did end up baking and cooking some throughout the month, using recipes I tried at different points last year, but I didn’t try anything new! I’ll be browsing Pinterest again soon to hopefully find some good new things to try.
- eat healthily and stay fit. Uhh I’ll give a yes and no on this one, hah! I wasn’t fully consistent because I did better and worse (it depended on the day) when it comes to what/how much I want to eat, as well as my daily activity level. It’s still something I’m working on, from overcoming a growing sugar addiction to being willing to exercise every day. I might write a post on this sometime in April – would you want me to?
- keep up with reading blogs. I did a pretty good job with this in March, which I’m really happy about! Staying up-to-date with talking to bloggers whose blogs I love the most is important to me, so I’m glad I could do that this month.
- slowly go through possessions that don’t matter to me anymore. It has definitely been a long process, and I’ve made sure before getting rid of anything that it will benefit me more to not have those things. A lot of decision-making has gone into this, but I am so happy with the progress I’m making! I’m thinking about writing a series sometime soon about simplifying life ❤
- continue interacting more with my brothers. There were different games we enjoyed playing together in March, but nothing too solid, if that makes sense. We only end up being interested in a game or activity at the same time for a short period of time, and then we have to find something else to do together, haha! I’m still thinking and praying about other things we could do together.
- have less screen time. I don’t know if I accomplished this one or not … well, I know I did the evenings I dedicated to reading some of the books I have! However, it’s still something I’m working on because I need to start choosing more screen-free activities to fill my time.
- help my mom around the house. My brother and I have recently been helping our mom out more with housework, which I know has really helped her ❤ However, I’m still in the process of getting into a routine so that I can easily remember my new duties 🙂 The reason I’m still working on this is because I didn’t realize until now just how much my mom does for our family! It’s a lot to handle even when it’s divided between three people (my mom, brother, and me), so not only am I happy to help out as much as I can, but I also salute her for being able to do all that she does for us! ❤ ❤ ❤
- stay focused on completing schoolwork. This was a priority most of the weekdays (as it should be!), but due to the cold that has recently been going around our house, I have a bit to catch up on. It was nice to focus on helping everyone get well again and forfeit a bit of schoolwork, but I’ll definitely get back to work in the weeks to come!
- get a haircut. I was happily able to do this on the first of March! My mom cuts my dad’s and brothers’ hair whenever they need it, which I think is awesome, and since I just needed a simple trim, she was able to take a few inches off my hair. I can’t tell you what a relief it is for my head to not be as heavy as it was (my hair is SO thick!), and even though the length hasn’t ended up being the easiest to style lol, I’m very happy with how it turned out.
- write a few blog posts a week. I did this one! Woohoo! It has been so nice to be active once again in the blogging community. ❤
Thank you so much for reading! I hope that you enjoyed it – as you saw, I really did enjoy my March. 🙂 Aside from the sickness that has plagued us this past week, we all enjoyed ourselves! I’m looking forward to seeing what the Lord has in store for us this April.
I’d love to know in the comments below:
How was YOUR March?