Hello there! Happy Tuesday to you. ❤ I hope your week is going well!
Last week, I received two notifications from some lovely bloggers that nominated me for a blog award – and it just so happens to be my favorite one on all of WordPress! Today, I am very happy to share The Sunshine Blogger Award with you once more, which is the first tag/award post I’ve done in months.
I’d like to give a big thank you to Lynn and SaRitzy for tagging me!
Lynn writes devotionals and shares stories on her blog that go along with her intriguing artwork. SaRitzy loves sharing lifestyle posts – as well as blogging tips! They’re both sites I highly recommend that you have on your Reader. 🙂
I can’t wait to answer all these questions! Let’s get right into this. ❤
Thank you so much, Lynn!
Here are my answers:
1. Where do you get inspiration from for your blog posts? Usually, I write posts based on things I’m going through, experiencing, and enjoying, so I’d have to say from my own life! My desires and interest really fuel what I write 🙂
2. Morning or night person? In all honesty, that depends on the day, lol. As a rule of thumb, though, I much prefer the evenings!
3. Favorite Bible verse? This changes on a daily basis, because the ones I end up liking the most at any given time are the ones that deeply speak to my heart! However, for this question, I went to look up a certain one from Psalms that I’ve always liked … but I forgot the exact location, and I found this awesome verse, instead. I don’t think I’ve ever even read it before!
Mightier than the thunder of the great waters,
mightier than the breakers of the sea—
the Lord on high is mighty.
– Psalm 93:4
4. When did you give your life to God? I asked Jesus into my heart when I was about six years old, but my relationship with Him began when I was eleven. Through beautiful gospel music, He drew my close, and since then, my life has been forever changed. ❤
5. Do you prefer a large family or a small one? I spent my teenage years with multiple little siblings (before that, it was just me and Joshua!), so I would have to say that it would be foreign for me to live in a family with less siblings than I have now! I will always prefer a large family. 🙂 I don’t know what I’d do with myself without a ton of munchkins running around the house, lol!
6. Favorite book and why? Noooo don’t do this to me, haha! I always pick the Bible for this question, because it’s the one I read the most, but referring to a novel? I’d pick Hamlet. Which is actually a play, I don’t know if that classifies as a novel. xD Oh, well!
7. Who is your mentor? My Heavenly Father! ❤ He’s teaching me things about life and myself that I couldn’t have ever learned without Him! Next in line are definitely my parents, who are both helping me to become the best daughter and sister I can be. ❤
8. If you were to eat one thing all your life, what would it be? Something with all the basic nutrients I’d need to live, haha … but since this question is probably asking for a food dish I could eat the most of, I’ll say french fries. I always eat more of them than I should because I love ’em so much!
9. What is that thing you can’t do without? A water bottle. I didn’t realize how boring I was until now, haha
10. Introvert or extrovert? Online, I’m the most extroverted extrovert you’ll meet. (Bet you didn’t know that was possible!) In real life, I’m picky about who I interact with, because I’ve been bullied in the past due to my conversational awkwardness (which I opened up about in this post), so I do my best to chat with kind people only.
11. Please offer a word of encouragement to your readers.
When I started this blog last winter, I honestly thought it would never exceed 10 followers.
To stand out in the blog community, be the unique person you are, write blog posts that truly reflect your passions and interests, and don’t be shy to interact with other bloggers! That’s how I’ve gotten to where I am today. 🙂 So much is possible when you just keep working and improving.
Thank you for also
nominating me, SaRitzy!
Here are my answers for you:
1. Describe yourself. I’m a very silly and fun-loving person, so it takes a serious situation for me to not be found making jokes! The only movies I ever watch are comedies, because if I’m going to watch a movie, I want to be laughing. Old TV shows are the best, and watching them is one of my favorite pastimes!
2. Who or what inspired you to blog? My mom was the one who encouraged me to start this blog last year! I owe it all to her. 🙂 She’s also the one who inspires me to keep writing, even when I run out of ideas to post.
3. Do you like KPOP? If so, which groups? I’ve never listened to any KPOP, so I’m probably missing out, haha!
4. What is the meaning of your name? My first name, Valerie, means ‘strong’! ❤
5. Who is your female inspiration? Mi madre! I wouldn’t be as strong^ (hehe) of a person as I am today without her as my best friend. 🙂
6. What is your country like? One thing I think is awesome about the United States is that many of our cities are rich in history, since our country is so young! Also, we’re really proud of our flag, haha, so it shows up everywhere. I love it 🙂
7. One place in the world that you want to be right at this moment. I am truly happy being right where I am, which is at home with my family. ❤ It’s a beautiful thing to be content!
8. Favourite music genre? Praise/gospel! However, if I’m in a partying mood, I enjoy pop/rock songs, as well.
9. Who is your favourite Harry Potter character? I’ve always had a thing for Malfoy, but Sirius Black is pretty epic, too!
10. What is something that you and your best friend(s) have in common? We have great senses of humor (I think, haha), we love blogging, and we love the Lord! (I’m drawing from my relationships my buddy, Jordan, and my mom, haha)
11. What do you do in your spare time? I write blog posts, play games, spend time with my family, work on projects in my room, and spend time with the Lord. ❤
Even if you don’t want to post about an award right now,
just know how much I appreciate your blog –
I smile whenever your posts show up in my Reader!
1. Where do you get inspiration from for your blog posts?
2. What are your favorite things to do?
3. Your favorite inspirational quote or Bible verse?
4. A few things you’re grateful for right now?
5. Do you prefer a large family or a smaller one?
6. Favorite book and why?
7. Who’s your mentor?
8. What is that thing you can’t do without?
9. Introvert or extrovert?
10. A few of your favorite movies? Why do you love them?
11. Please offer a word of encouragement to your readers.
Thank you so much for reading! I hope you have a blessed day 🙂