Hey guys! Haha yes, I’m sharing a bonus post today already. 🙂 If you’d like to meet my new baby sister, make sure you visit this post! ❤
Because I am the eldest sibling, and since I already help out around the house and things with the family on a regular basis, most of the responsibilities my mom usually has are mine for the next few days. She and Isabella are at the hospital currently (I’m praying they’ll be able to be discharged no later than tomorrow!), so there are lots of things to do to prepare for their arrival.
We have six (soon to be seven) people living here, so messes accumulate quickly – especially the ones created by Elizabeth! It has been her favorite thing to do recently to dump large toy containers and play with everything inside, which makes huge messes in the living room, haha. While there isn’t much to be done about her playful hurricanes in the main room of the house, I can keep up with the state of the bedrooms, kitchen, and office. Those rooms, as well as other things, are on my to do list at the moment!
If you’d like to see what I’m planning to get done today, as well as over the next couple of days, you can check out the list below. ❤ Thanks for reading!
Today’s To Do – Mommy #2 Edition
- Make the meal plan. I usually do this with my mom most weeks, anyway, but not usually by myself! This morning, I’ve been looking at what we have at the house to make dinners with, and at the moment, I can come up with three meals. From there, I need to think of a few more, then I can get some stuff from the store later.
- Clean my room. It irks me when it gets messy occasionally, haha, and because we washed, dried, and folded three loads of laundry yesterday, I have a lot of shirts and pajamas to put away! And since I’ve been sleeping in my mom’s room to be with Elizabeth, my mom’s bedding is folded on my bed, so the room looks even more messy. xD Oh, well. When I get a moment later, I’m going to clean it up real nice!
- Put together a shopping list. This is the companion to the meal plan, as I’m putting all the things I need to get for lunches and dinners on it! Since it’s possible Isabella and my mom will be able to come home today, I’m going to run to the store later this afternoon, but actually go grocery shopping tomorrow. 🙂
- Vacuum the bedrooms and clean the kitchen. This is important to me because not only do I love a clean house, but my mom does, too! And it would be lovely for her to return home from the hospital to a tidy house. ❤
- Play some games with Samuel. As I write this post, Joshua and Samuel are playing a game together, which is awesome, but it’s been a few days since I did something with Samuel. There doesn’t end up being much time left to do something with him because of the different responsibilities I have, but I still really want to find the time to do a game or activity with him.
Thank you so much for reading! ❤ I can’t wait to get started and continue with these things. It will be so nice to have my mom back home, and with Isabella, as well! 😀 I’d love it if you could please pray that they will be able to come safely home today or tomorrow. That would be a blessing to all of us. xxx