Hey guys! Happy Friday to all of you 🙂 ❤ When I woke up this morning, I knew that I wanted to share a Little Accomplishments-style post on my blog at some point today, because I love having a mini weekend celebration in this fashion … but then I realized …
I didn’t get much done last week!
I was rather disappointed, haha, but I also understood. My family and I have all been on the edge of our seats lately, as there were two different evenings we were sure my mom was going into labor, but then they didn’t end up being the real thing. I don’t mind that, and it was my fault I didn’t get my to do list in order sooner, haha. It was a bit of an off-week productively, but I’m not worried about it – it just gives me further ideas for the new week!
How about you? Did you get lots done this past week, or was your to do list in hibernation, too? I hope that whatever you did, you are happy that the weekend is here now. I certainly am! I intend on setting stronger goals for myself over the next seven days or so (as you’ll see below), which is why I wanted to do a reverse Little Accomplishments today. lol Instead of listing what I did, I’m listing what I’ll do!
I hope that you enjoy! ❤
Let’s celebrate each and every week – regardless of how productive we were!
Little To Do List
Over the next week, I plan to …
- finish reading ‘The Virginian.’ I meant to have finished it already, but then about a quarter of the way through the book, I met a few boring chapters, and it slowed my progress immensely, lol. Now that I’ve made it past that part, I’m back to laughing over the antics of the main character, how the narrator perceives them, and the friendships the Virginian shares with many of the other cowboys he meets out west. I’m about a week behind now on reading a book a week, but I know I’ll catch up at some point on this year’s reading journey.
- continue practicing writing with my new markers. With the Amazon gift card my parents gave me for Christmas, I bought some Crayola dual fine/brush tip markers for mysef, where one end of each marker has a tiny tip, and the other is a brush tip in a similar color. One is good for detail coloring, which I’ve been enjoying doing in my new coloring book, and the other is awesome for practicing calligraphy – something I’ve always wanted to do! When I make good progress with that, I’ll share some of what I’ve written with you guys.
- start reading ‘Hank and Jim.’ This book ended up taking forever for me to get from the library, haha, because it kept being checked out!! It’s this awesome biography written about the friendship between Henry Fonda and Jimmy Stewart, two actors whom I greatly admire. Hopefully, the novel will live up to all my expectations (which are only there in the first place because it took me over a month to get the book for myself, haha!), and I’ll let you know how I liked it in my next reading update post.
- clean my phone. I’ve been meaning to do this for about a week now lol, and all it consists of is cleaning the exterior, then going through apps and photos. Come on, Maggie! Get it done!
- bake and cook more. This to-do will actually something I must-do after my baby sister’s born, haha, because then my mom won’t have to stand as much and work in the kitchen and can instead take it easy after giving birth. As well as fixing dinners, I hope to make a dessert hopefully once a week. I made chocolate brownies on a whim this morning, and I am happy to say that they turned out great!
- continue studying the Lord’s Word. Something like this probably isn’t necessary to include on my list of things to do, because I automatically do it throughout the day, anyway. Still, I did want to include it to even more deeply remind myself to pay attention to what He’s teaching me, because I never cease to learn something new every time I’m open to the beauty and wisdom the His Word contains. ❤
- write more of what the Lord’s teaching me. As you saw in yesterday’s post, this is something I plan on doing as often as possible now. With the new notebook my dad bought for me, I can’t wait to get started!
- play more games with Samuel. With so much attention being given to Elizabeth and my mom, and pretty soon the new baby, too, I want to make sure that Samuel never feels left behind. He’s still a little kid, and I am now making a greater effort to include him in things I’m doing, whether that’s a game, a conversation, or a new recipe I’m trying out. He enjoyed playing out in the snow the last couple of days (it was the most snow he’s ever gotten to experience, actually!), as you can see in the photo below. So, whether we’re outside or we’re playing a game inside, I want him to look at me as his friend and sister, not just his eldest sibling. ❤
- enjoy the rest of January. I tend to not realize how easily we speed through a month until we’re suddenly in the last week of the month! Thankfully, that hasn’t happened to this month yet. However, this tendency shows how much I’m thinking too much about the future and reaching goals, instead of living in the present. We’re just over halfway through January now, and I intend on enjoying and savoring the last half. ❤
Thank you so much for reading! ❤ I hope that you’re having a beautiful day, and that next week will be beautiful for you, too. 🙂
Let me know in the comments below:
What are YOU up to next week?