Hi there guys, and happy Friday!! ❤ We’ve made it to the first weekend of the new year! It has honestly been an amazing first week of 2018, and I’m looking forward to seeing what else this year has in store.
What have you gotten done in the last week or so? I’d love to know about it! In today’s post, I will be covering a bit of what I’ve been up to lately, especially in this past week. I hope that you enjoy!
Let’s celebrate all of life’s joys – no matter how small!
This past week, I …
- changed my desk setup. (I love finding new ways to make my writing desk a bright and cheery workplace for myself, and the current theme I have going is a beautiful green/blue scheme with lots of inspirational notebooks around! I made the little banner above my laptop myself with scrapbook paper and a bit of twine. And yes, if you were wondering, I’m challenging myself to not complain the first week of this year, haha. So far, so good!)
- caught up on language learning review. (This is always a joy, especially if I’m in a productive mood! I now know some new words in Spanish [relating to emotions and feelings], and I also learned some more French basics.)
- strung little lights up in my room again. (I did this in December, and I couldn’t be more happy with how they look! So pretty and peaceful. ❤ )
- found some awesome books at the library. (This was accomplished yesterday, when my dad dropped be off at a library I don’t usually go to! I found new fiction to read, as well as a few interesting nonfic books, too. I find that if I share what I want to read before I do so, I end up not reading those books, so I’ll talk about them in a later post after I’ve finished them, haha!)
- continued to eat mindfully and exercise most days. (I’m not at the point quite yet where I can easily resist temptation, if that makes sense, haha, but I am doing much better than I used to. Portion sizes are getting easier to stick to, and I love power-walking now!)
- posted on my blog every day in the new year (so far). (Haha, this was actually unintentional, and I have no idea if I’ll keep this up, but wouldn’t that be awesome!)
- met some new bloggers. (I’m always excited to meet new people in the blogging world, and I’ve gotten to talk to a fair amount this past week! That has been a joy, and I can’t wait to get to know you guys more. 🙂 )
Thank you for reading, guys! I hope you have a blessed weekend. ❤
Let me know in the comments below:
What have YOU been up to in 2018?