Hey guys! I hope that you’re all doing well. 🙂 Has this new year gotten off to a beautiful start for you? I’m praying that it has! ❤
In this spur-of-the-moment post, I decided I wanted to share with you some of my tips on staying organized. Over the past year or so, I have really become passionate about organization and being productive, which is why this has been a fun post to write. If you have any tips you’ve learned yourself, make sure to share them in the comments below!
Are you ready? I’m ready! Let’s check out these tips. 🙂 xxx
My 5 Tips on Goal Setting
- Take your biggest goals, then break them down into steps. I’d like to thank my mom for giving me this important tip! Deciding that you want to do something (especially as a new years resolution!) is the very first step – definitely an essential one to take. However, without little goals to meet along the way, you won’t get very far. Giving yourself multiple steps that will eventually lead to your main goal is a huge encouragement, because then you can see and feel that progress!
- Make lists and check things off. There are so many different to-do style lists you can create and complete, whether it’s daily/weekly/monthly, or something else that will help you organize your goals. For example, I love making lists of blog posts to write, what I want to get done in the day ahead (these are usually written in the morning before breakfast), books I want to get at the library, etc. You can keep lists on your phone, in a notebook, on a scrap of paper taped to your bathroom mirror – wherever you will see it and be reminded of what you want to accomplish!
- Give yourself time and space. Just as long as your aspirations aren’t on a time schedule or dependent on something else (money, a person, circumstances – instead, think of the things you simply want to accomplish for you!), work when you’re inspired and take time to rejuvenate when you’re not. Giving myself a month-long break last year from language learning was necessary, because I might have started to resent the lessons if I’d simply continued for the sake of consistency! In some cases, it might be necessary to push yourself a little and just begin (do it, take the plunge!), but if you know in your heart that you need a physical, mental, or emotional break from what you’ve been doing, definitely give yourself that space. Good things take time ❤
- Clean your room. This tip may sound more like a command from a parent rather than an organization tip, haha, but guys!! Having a beautiful, clean, organized room with everything in its place is a huge encouragement for me to get other things done. When I see the things in my room organized, it inspires me to organize other things in my life, from blog posts to digital photos. This is an easy way to inspire yourself!
- Reward yourself. Whether the accomplished tasks carry their own rewards (i.e. sharing a blog post and receiving feedback on it), or you buy yourself a treat after meeting a goal, knowing that there will be a fun way to celebrate at the end has been helpful for me on many occasions!
Thank you so much for reading! I pray that these tips can help you (just like they encourage me!), and I hope that you have a beautiful day. ❤
Let me know in the comments below:
How are YOU staying organized this year?