Hey guys! I hope that you’re all having a beautiful day. xx
Recently, I’ve been wanting to make a list of the things that I’m grateful for. It’s that time of year where we’re reminded of all the blessings in our lives, although I’m a bit early this fall, haha!! Thanksgiving is when we typically go over what we’re thankful for. Because I’m compiling this list now, however, I’m going ahead and sharing it in October. lol
This post was greatly inspired by my friend Grace’s series, The Simple Things! She writes down one thing she’s grateful for from each day, then does a post once a week sharing them! I highly recommend that you go check out that series; I absolutely love it. ❤
I’m going to share the list of things I’m grateful for in two parts. I will put up the second part later this month(: Let’s get right into this!
I’m Grateful For …
- The Lord. My life would in no way be the way that it is now if it weren’t for my Heavenly Father! I am thankful for the relationship I have with Him every single day; He is the biggest blessing in my life by far!
- My family. If I didn’t have my two loving parents or my sweet younger siblings, I would be soooo different! I’d be lonely, for one, and not half as happy as I am now. Being part of a big family (number seven is on her way) has its difficulties and problems, but I can’t imagine life as an only child, or with only one parent, or two that aren’t supportive.
- The internet. This is quite far up on my list of blessings, and that’s because there are so many positives to having access to the internet! I can quickly look up anything I desire, whether that’s to learn all about an actor or actress (you guys have no idea how often I do this haha) or research for a story; I can be friends with people from all over the world; I can find limitless new recipes to try out and enjoy; I can play free online games with my brothers for free … the list goes on and on!!
- My room. Nearly every time I enter my bedroom, I get this huge grin on my face. The decor makes me so happy, I love the view from my window, and it’s where I keep my piano … I’m thankful to have a room of my own, and to be able to decorate it to my heart’s desire.
- Books. I have absolutely no idea how different my life would be if it weren’t for the written word. Books bring me soooo much joy! Stories are my escape from reality, and the world of nonfiction is legitimately limitless. I have been recently browsing the huge nonfic sections in the handful of libraries I visit on a regular basis, and a whole new world has opened up to me. There are books on government, Christianity, science, nature, history, biographies – every time I find new books to add to my to-read list, I’m overwhelmed by how many things there are still to learn about the world!
- Air conditioning. Haha! I truly am grateful for this one. Staying cool in the hot summers and warm and cozy in the cold months is something I take for granted all too often.
- Music. I am disappointed at how far down this ended up on my list! I’m constantly listening to music. I don’t know what I’d do without it. I love a variety of genres, and my favorite songs change all the time. I’m always on the lookout for a new singer or band, and I quite faithfully go back and listen to past favorites, as well.
Thank you so much for reading, guys! This was a lot of fun to write, and I’m excited to write out the second part, as well. Let me know in the comments below:
What are YOU thankful for?
thanks to jirah and elline for my signature! xx