Hi there, guys!! I hope that you’re doing well. 🙂 I have an award post to share with you today! I haven’t done one in a while (just looked, and it’s been over a month haha), so I wanted to do one again now. They’re lots of fun to write, but can definitely get repetitive! For this round, I have compiled together three awards that three lovely bloggers recently nominated me for. I had fun answering all of their questions, so let’s get into this!
Blogger Recognition Award
Thank you so much for nominating me, Victoria! You guys should definitely go visit her blog; she is, by far, my favorite book blogger! Her subscription box posts are my favorites from her. xx They’re so much fun to read!
How My Blog Began
Well, back in January of this year, I really wanted to start blogging again. I hadn’t been keeping up with a blog for a while, and I missed it. Writing has always been a big part of my life, and from the time that I was ten years old, I’ve gone through so many blogging phases. The last blog I’d had, I stopped posting on in the summer of 2016 and I felt like it was time to start a new one.
I didn’t know what website I wanted to use this time, but after a bit of trial and error, I made a new WordPress blog. It ended up being on the same account as my book review blog.
At first, I though that Dreaming of Guatemala was just going to be a place for me to talk about my life (more like a personal blog), and while I still do write those kinds of posts, I never imagined that I’d get to where my readership and blog content is now!! It has basically turned itself into a Christian lifestyle blog instead, which I absolutely love. ❤
Blogging has made me happy for years, but Dreaming of Guatemala has ended up being my favorite out of all the blogs I’ve ever made!
2 Pieces of Advice
- Write posts about what makes you happy. While I also think that it’s a good idea to keep in mind what your readers would like to see, never sacrifice your happiness for a blog challenge, schedule, or series! Having a personal blog is all about doing what makes you happy, whatever that may be. If you find yourself getting caught up in doing something you’re not enjoying anymore, please don’t ever hesitate to stop, reevaluate what you’re posting about, and change that to something you’d now enjoy. Do YOU!
- Make friends with other bloggers. Having blog readers is very important to many of us, and I personally believe that the best way to do that is to reach out to others, stay connected to the people you know, and create blog friendships. The best readers are the ones that you know better than just as a reader, because then both of you can relate to each other more!
Instructions: tell us about how you started your blog, give new bloggers two pieces of advice, then pass on the award to some other bloggers!
Mystery Blogger Award
Thank you for giving me this award, PrincessBlabbermouth! I am a huge fan of your blog, and I love the variety of posts you come up with. 🙂 I really recommend her blog, guys!
3 Facts About Me
- I love watching ASMR videos. That’s a fancy way of saying watching relaxing videos in the evenings makes me happy, haha!
- Every time I’m outside, I love looking up at the sky. Identifying cloud formations and just taking in the magnificent beauty of the great blue expanse above me always makes me grin and acknowledge the greatness of my Creator. ❤
- I only recently began having coffee in the morning. Up until now, I just had an iced frappe or some such every few weeks, haha!
- Have you ever embarrassed yourself in public and do you want to share? Yeah one time when I was maybe four years old, I skipped on over to the string cheese section at Walmart, grabbed a package of the kind that I enjoyed eating, and promptly threw it in [what I thought was] my mom’s shopping cart. Nope. It was an old woman’s shopping cart. She was so nice about it, but I was absolutely HORRIFIED, hahaha!
- Sour or sweet candy? It depends on my mood, but I usually choose sour!
- Indoors or outdoors? That’s completely dependent on the season, but since we’re in a fall month right now, I’ll say outdoors!
- Letters or numbers? This is an interesting question. I’d have to say letters, as stories > math hahaha
- Which do you hate more: toothpaste adverts or deodorant adverts? Toothpaste ones! I really don’t want to hear about what dentists recommend or approve of, and I don’t appreciate seeing people with perfect, shining white teeth because that makes me agitated and jealous lol
Instructions: tell us three questions about yourself, answer the questions I’ve given the nominees below, then pass on the award to other bloggers!
- What are a few things you’re passionate about?
- Describe the state of your room right now.
- Are you a good cook?
- Describe your dream outfit.
- What would you do if you won the lottery?
Real Neat Blog Award
Thanks so much for this award, Cat! If you guys aren’t already following this wonderful girl, go do so now!! Haha okay not really, but I do think that you would enjoy her blog. She writes about life as a college student, her interest in fashion and beauty, as well as blog awards and the occasional ‘what’s in my bag’ posts! Go check out Cat, guys! 😀
My Answers to Her Questions:
- What’s your favorite book? Hamlet by William Shakespeare! I will never get enough of it; it makes me laugh, cry, scream, grin – all the best emotions. haha
- For how long have you been blogging? Since 2010! (But this blog was created in January of this year.)
- Are you more of a cat person or a dog person? Dog person, most definitely.
- What’s your favorite plant? I love succulents of all kinds, but I actually think that sunflowers bring me the most joy!
- If you had an opportunity to wish whatever you want, what would it be? (Don’t ask for more wishes). Hahaha I love your guidelines! Let’s see … I’d wish for a lifetime subscription to Amazon Prime for me and my family. We really appreciate having this when buying products, watching shows, and listening to music!
- What’s your favorite hobby? That would have to be writing! Whether that’s a blog post, a short story, something for school, or a journal entry, one can always find me writing because I absolutely love it.
- If you could change your first name, what would it be? I honestly can’t imagine my name being anything apart from the name already given to me. (: ❤
Instructions: answer the questions I’ve given my nominees, then pass on the award to other bloggers!
- What are your favorite treats?
- What was your last dream about?
- The best prank you’ve ever played on someone?
- Your favorite things to do when you have free time?
- What’s your favorite zoo animal?
- Broken any bones? If so, when and where [on your body]?
- A favorite quote of yours?
- What’s the last blog post you read?
- Have you ever built a snowman?
- Are you happy with the layout/design of your blog right now?
Thank you so much for reading, guys! I had fun writing this post, and I hope that you liked reading it. Have a fantastic day! xx
thanks to jirah and elline for my signature! xx