Hey everyone! How is your day going? I pray that your September has gotten off to a beautiful start!
It feels like only yesterday that I posted last month’s welcome post. August definitely flew by faster for me than July did! These past 31 days, I busied myself with my first five weeks of my senior year, went on a few weekend trips with my family, and did lots of other miscellaneous things (especially piano!) which I mentioned in different Little Accomplishments posts. I really enjoyed August (as you could see from yesterday’s post), and I hope that September is as enjoyable, too!
How was your August? And do you have anything fun planned for September? Definitely let me know in the comments below!
For this post, I’m going to list what I got done in the blogging world recently and list what I hope to do in September. Let’s jump right into this!
This past month, I …
- regularly commented on the blogs I follow.
- explored the Reader and met new bloggers.
- experimented with new types of posts.
- created a more flexible posting schedule for myself.
- posted when I felt motivated and inspired, not because I wrote it in my planner.
- got 100 likes on a single post for the first time!
- wrote some award posts.
- interviewed more bloggers.
- held my first blog party!
- kept up with my usual behind-the-scenes work.
Focuses for September
- Work On Stories. Right now, I’m working on two: the Mayan historical fiction novel, and a YA realistic fiction story I’ve been attempting to write for years. I’m going to further develop characters and plot for the YA story, and write out a basic structure for where I want the story to go with the Mayan novel. I’m so stoked for this! If you’d like, you can follow along on my writing journey on Pinterest, where I store lots of ideas and inspiration.
- Rise Early. Throughout August, I started each day earlier than I have been for a long time, especially so that I can read my Bible while I drink my iced coffee. I love doing this and would love to do so most, if not all,
- Play The Piano. I would love to learn a few more songs, and memorize the minor chords, too! Putting my major chord and scale knowledge to use would be pretty cool.
- Blog Comfortably. For a while, I have stuck to a pretty fixed weekly posting schedule. It worked for me for months, and many other bloggers thrive with using one, too! But I’ve realized recently that I was forcing myself to do a post I really didn’t want to do just to keep to schedule. To fix this problem, I’m going to write posts on new topics, make new recipes and share them as I find them, and most importantly, write as I’m inspired.
- Accomplish Things On School Break. My family and I are taking the first week of September off from school for Labor Day weekend, and also so that we can all celebrate Samuel’s birthday together!
- Do Some Photoshoots. I’d love to start doing these with my little siblings again! I did multiple photography shoots last fall, but in the warmer months, I don’t like being outside (which is where I do photoshoots, because #naturallightingrocks) either because of the humidity or pollen. We’ll see how this venture goes! I might have to wait until October.
- Go Through Pictures. This will take a while as I’ve been putting it off for about two months now. I have 1000+ to go through and sort!
Thank you so much for reading! I’m excited to see what September has to offer.