What have you accomplished this week?
Hi guys! Welcome to this week’s Little Accomplishments!
I hope that you’re all doing well, and that your weekend has gotten off to a beautiful start! So, did you guys know that next Friday is September 1st??!! I truly cannot figure out where in the world 2017 is speeding off to! I mean, why is it in such a hurry? Haha!!
Whether your year has been a whirlwind or it couldn’t be dragging any slower, I hope that everyone’s last week of August is a great one. xx
Oh, and I wanted to add something that I noticed on my dashboard this morning – this post makes my 200th post on this blog!! 💖 thank you guys so much for coming along with me this far ☺️
Alright, let’s jump right in to this Little Accomplishments! And as always …
Let’s celebrate all of life’s joys – no matter how small!
These past couple of weeks, I …
- learned the major piano chords. (Yas!!!! For some reason, this took me quite a bit of time to look up online and figure out, but once the light bulb in my head lit up, I had them memorized within two days! I’m so happy! Minor chords, here I come.)
- caught up on Spanish. (As always. It’s essential, important, and considerably time-consuming, lol!)
- began learning Portuguese. (WHAT?! Cool, huh? I want to know the basics of Portuguese because 1) I’m interested in learning the differences between this language and Spanish, 2) I love learning new languages, and 3) I’d love to have a basic understanding of it in the event that I meet someone who speaks it! For now, I’m learning Brazilian Portuguese, but I’d be all for learning Portugal Portuguese at some point, too.)
- got back into the swing of blogging. (After my blogging break, then battling strep throat, it took me longer than I would have wanted to catch up on all things blogging, but I’m finally feeling on top of everything again! I have lots of different post ideas, I’m caught up on blog reading, I’ve interviewed some bloggers, and I have met some lovely new people, too!)
- watched Finding Dory. (It was soooo sweet, guys! Finding Nemo was the first movie I really ever loved – little 4-year-old me was obsessed with it! – and the kid in me really approves of how they handled this sequel so many years later. It’s funny, the animation’s great, and Dory was fantastic. I love her character!)
- finished reading The Merchant of Venice. (Honestly, I was a bit disappointed. The love stories were great, but the main plot dragged and also made me kind of nervous. lol!)
- got a new app to track water intake. (I stopped using Plant Nanny a while ago because it wouldn’t let me customize how much water I needed daily; they gave me a set, unattainable goal based on height and weight. However, I found a new water tracking app that I’m enjoying using right now called, simply, Water Tracker!)
- organized my Goodreads shelves. (I love having a place to see what books I’ve loved reading, as well as books I’m looking forward to reading someday! Everything had gotten a bit jumbled, so cleaning out and organizing the digital shelves on my Goodreads account was something I’ve been needing to do for a while.)