Hi there, guys! I hope that your day is going well(: Today, I bring to you part two of the Awesome Blogger Award!
As many of you probably know, I made this fun award back in April for my 17th birthday! It was my way of celebrating here in the blogging world, and I had so much fun making it and nominating the awesome bloggers that I knew. When my lovely blogging friend Shannon over at Kittyp0p nominated me for this award last month (thanks so much, girl!!), I knew that it was high time I wrote about this award again. In the months since I created it, I have had the wonderful opportunity to meet even more awesome bloggers, so I can’t wait to do more nominating in this second post!
I would also like to answer the questions Grace from Following Him Beside Still Waters asked me in her Awesome Blogger Award post a while back. I’m sorry it’s taken me SO many months to do it, Grace!! But I’m here now and I’d love to answer them today.
Here are the rules for the Awesome Blogger Award:
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Include the reason behind the award.
- Include the banner in your post.
- Tag it under #awesomebloggeraward in the Reader.
- Answer the questions your nominator gave you.
- Nominate at least 5 awesome bloggers.
- Give your nominees 10 new questions to answer.
- Let your nominees know that they’ve been nominated!
This is an award for the absolutely wonderful writers all across the blogging world. They have beautiful blogs, are kind and lovely, and always find a way to add happiness and laughter to the lives of their readers. That is what truly defines an awesome blogger.
Now, I’ll answer Shannon’s questions!
- When was the last time you laughed so hard you cried and what was it about (if you can remember? I am always laughing at the silliest things! I think the most recent time that happened was with something my baby sister, Elizabeth, was doing, but I unfortunately can’t remember exactly what it was.
- How many states/countries have you been to and what were they? I haven’t been outside of the United States yet, but I have had the privilege to visit Michigan, Ohio, Kentucky, Tennessee, Alabama, and of course, Georgia, where I’ve lived my whole life!
- What’s your favorite feature on yourself? My eyelashes!
- Metal or wooden roller coasters? Metal, all the way. They’re a much more enjoyable experience to me.
- If you could dye your hair any “unnatural” color for a day, which would you choose? Some shade of blue – maybe turquoise! That would be so much fun haha!
- What was your almost name (if you know)? I don’t think that any other names were thought about for me except for the name I was given, which is Valerie Marguerite, by the way. (: (Maggie is my nickname!)
- How many bones have you broken (if any)? None, thankfully!
- Where would you like to live someday? Guatemala. ❤ Although, you guys could probably guess that, right? I think I’d also love to live in Tennessee, as well!
- If you could have any animal as a pet, what would you have? I have this undying love for pugs, so I’d get a pug. And I would most likely name him Hercule Poirot.
- When did you last have a conversation over the phone and who with? Talking, not texting. I think it was my mom, but I can’t be sure! I don’t talk on the phone much.
I’ll also be answering Grace’s questions!
- What is the reason for the name of your blog? Beginning on January 1st of 2017, I have literally been Dreaming of Guatemala! That’s probably self-explanatory haha (if you’ve read this post, anyway 🙂 ), but there you go.
- How long have you been blogging for? I started my first blog at some point in 2010, but this blog was started within the first week of this year!
- If you could have any one superpower, what would it be? I have always wanted to fly. So I’d choose the power to fly!!
- What is the most beautiful place you have been to? The lookout point from Black Rock Mountain in northern Georgia. The view was indescribable. ❤
- Do you have a favorite song, or one that you listen to on repeat often? Recently, I have kept playing How Long by Jordan Feliz over and over again!
- If a genie gave you three wishes, what would you use them for? Is it awful that I have no idea? It would take me so long to really think through what the best wishes to make would be.
- Extrovert, introvert, or somewhere in between? Somewhere in between, most definitely. I think that’s called an ambivert?
- Favorite book? Short-Straw Bride by Karen Witemeyer!!
- A walk through the city or a stroll through nature? While I looove being out in nature, I think that a walk through the city sounds more pleasing to me right now.
- Share one of your favorite posts that you’ve written and why it means a lot to you. I really enjoyed sharing my updated desk tour back in June with you guys!! The photos are SO much fun to take, and going over where I got everything was a blast. (: Check it out here!
Amelia in Hull || Christ, Crafts, & Cuisine || Elle Online || Jirah Merizz
Life – Rose-tinted! || Living vs. Existing || Maysa Rose || My Blessing By Grace
rocksandminerals4him || Smiling Dreamer || Veronica Marie
And here are my questions for you:
- What is your favorite classic film? What is it about?
- Are you usually early or late?
- What’s the farthest you’ve ever been from home?
- A song that always gets stuck in your head?
- What are you most looking forward to in the next 10 years?
- Something special about the place you grew up?
- One thing you thought you’d grow out of – but haven’t?
- What book impacted you the most?
- What risks are worth taking?
- When do you truly feel “alive”?
Thank you all sooo much for reading – and special thanks to Shannon and Grace for nominating me! I loved answering your questions; getting to do a second part to my award was lots of fun. (: Also, to my nominees: no pressure on doing this award! If you’ve already done it or you can’t fit it in to your schedule right now, I’m totally cool with it. Just know that I love your blogs and, like the award states, that you are all awesome bloggers! ❤
I hope that everyone’s week has gotten off to a beautiful start! I had a blast doing the blog party over the weekend; I’ll definitely be doing another one some other time!