Ahh hello there, everyone! xx I hope that your day has been beautiful so far. 🙂 I have something exciting in store for you guys tomorrow, so make sure you stay tuned for that! For today’s post, however, I’m going to go over what I’ve been up to in the wonderful world of books!
I have been doing a lot of reading recently, mainly for the A-to-Z Reading Challenge I’m doing right now, and that has been such an awesome experience! It has encouraged me to read books I wouldn’t normally read, and that has been so nice, as I thoroughly enjoyed every book I’ve read for the challenge so far. (I did have to put the challenge on pause a couple different times because I’d get a book for the next letter and then find out I didn’t like it, but that was alright, lol!)
In this post, I’m going to go over what I recently read, what I’m currently reading, what I want to read next, what I’d love to read again, and what I want to read at some point! I hope that you enjoy reading (haha). If you’re interested in doing a post like this yourself, or if you’ve already done one like it, let me know in the comments below! I love knowing what books others are reading. 🙂 ❤
What I’m Reading | August 2017
Books I Recently Finished:
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling, the third book in the Harry Potter series.
- The Island of Heavenly Daze by Lori Copeland and Angela Hunt, a delightful novel about the citizens of a tiny seaside town in Maine.
- John’s Story: The Last Eyewitness by Tim LaHaye and Jerry B. Jenkins, a retelling of how the apostle John wrote the book of John in the Bible.
Books I’m Currently Reading:
- King John by William Shakespeare, a not-very-well-known play by the Bard on the life of King John.
- Hamlet by William Shakespeare, his best-known tragedy, longest play, and my favorite work of Shakespeare!
Books I Want to Read Next:
- Living with Passion and Purpose by Elizabeth George, a study of the Biblical book of Luke.
- Murder by Mocha by Cleo Coyle, a coffeehouse mystery.
- Decaffeinated Corpse by Cleo Coyle, another coffeehouse mystery.
- I, Jane by Diane Haeger, the fictional story of the rival of Anne Boleyn.
- The Merchant of Venice by William Shakespeare, a play by the Bard that I don’t know much about yet.
Books I’d Love to Read Again:
- Mr. Popper’s Penguins by Richard and Florence Atwater, a childhood favorite.
- Waggit’s Tale by Peter Howe, another childhood favorite.
- The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald, my favorite classic novel.
- A Proper Pursuit by Lynn Austin, one of my favorite historical fiction novels.
- A Young Woman After God’s Own Heart by Elizabeth George, a helpful guide to life that I haven’t read in a long time.
Books I Want to Read Soon:
- Grace in Autumn by Lori Copeland and Angela Hunt, the second novel in the Heavenly Daze series.
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling, the fourth book in the Harry Potter series.
- A Daughter’s Inheritance by Tracie Peterson, a novel I came across on Goodreads that I thought looked cool.
- Poirot and Me by David Suchet, an awesome memoir I have yet to finish reading.
- The Princetta by Anne-Laure Bondoux, an interesting-looking novel translated from French that I’ll be reading for the letter ‘P’ in my reading challenge.
Thank you so much for reading, guys!! Have you read or do you want to read any of the books I mentioned? 💚📚 also, make sure you let me know in the comments below:
What have YOU been reading lately?