Hi, this is Maggie’s mom, Valerie. You might know me from my blog, Living Lighter in Atlanta, but I haven’t been on it much this summer, so you might not… Anyway, she gave me permission to post here today when I asked her because she is really sick with strep throat and I would love if you guys would pray for her and maybe send her some virtual hugs.
She has been sick since last Monday but it was finally obvious that she needed a doctor on Thursday. We had a crazy week with her youngest brother who needed to go to multiple places (pediatrician, ER, and the children’s hospital in Atlanta) to rule out appendicitis and then her other brother got sick. Ugh! But she has been such a trooper. She babysat her sister (for many hours!) when we needed her, even though she felt awful.
When we went to her doctor on Thursday, she tested positive for strep so we thought she’d be feeling better soon after getting on antibiotics but that hasn’t been the case. Unfortunately, even after taking six doses of amoxicillin, she seems to be getting worse, not better. 😦 I’m not sure, but we’ll probably end up back at the doctor tomorrow…and now her little sister has a fever, too, so they both might need to be seen.
Maggie had her blog posts from this week ready to go before getting sick and I don’t think she mentioned not feeling well (she likes being cheery and positive) but she is doing ROUGH. Please pray that we get things sorted and she starts feeling better.
Oh, and any tips for dealing with the pain of strep throat? She’s really hurting and Tylenol doesn’t help.
Thanks so much. 🙂
Why hello, everyone! Fancy meeting you here on this fine morning! Er well, it’s morning here for me, my apologies if you’re now getting tucked into bed, or something. Haha anyway! Today, I have a fun list post to share with you. Who doesn’t like posts with lists?? They’re my personal favorite to write, and they’re a joy to browse on others’ blogs, too.
This particular list was loads of fun to write, and the optimism it sprung within my heart couldn’t be beaten. I’m calling it My Looking-Ahead List: 15 Exciting Things. I had hoped to come up with twenty-five things, actually, but 15 was all I could gather at the moment! If you’re interested in composing a list like this yourself, please do so! I’d love to read it; just leave a link to the post in the comments below. x
Looking ahead to what will bring us joy and excitement in life is a great way to stay happy and positive. 🙂
Let’s jump right into this!
I’m excited about …
- Graduating from high school! Next summer, I will have officially finished with my schooling, and that freedom honestly sounds SO amazing haha! I don’t have it poorly off right now, or anything – I’m content with what my life is like – but I can’t stop myself from being excited about it. xx
- Becoming fluent in Spanish! It’s gonna happen one day, I assure you of that. I have no idea when, but it is on my heart to have as full of an understanding of Spanish as I can. So strong is this calling that I’ve tried to pick up other languages alongside learning Spanish and it has not worked out, haha!
- Getting my first job! As I’ve been looking into applying at places to work since I was fifteen, the waiting has not been easy lol, but I know that the Lord has beautiful, perfect timing. The first place I’ll work will not only be perfect for me, but right in His plan, too.
- Reaching 1,000 followers on my blog! Many of you know that I’ve had multiple blogs in the past, none of which I keep up with now (aside from my book review blog, self-plug!), but I’ve never gotten this much feedback and response on any of them – combined! I know I’ll get the biggest grin on my face when I get the 1K FOLLOWERS NOTIFICATION – no idea if I’ll celebrate; probably not. How do you think we should celebrate? I’d love to include you guys!
- Hearing Jordan Feliz’s next album for the first time! He’s gonna have to come out with a new album at some point. He just has to. But since his current one came out last year, there’s low chance of this happy thing occurring soon. ;-;
- Getting to meet my new little sibling! We’re pretty sure it’s a boy at this point, and the name my parents have for him is just PERFECT (I’ll share it with you guys when we’re positive of the gender), and I can’t wait to meet him this winter!
- Finishing the A-to-Z Reading Challenge I’m doing! I invented it myself, actually; I’m on a mission to read 26 books, with titles in alphabetical order, all of which I’ve never read before. I’m currently on the letter ‘J’ and still going strong. I’m not sure if I’ll find books for ‘X’ or ‘Z,’ but I’ll make it happen. lol
- Baking an apple pie! This has been on my unwritten bucket list for SO long, but I have yet to do it. I plan to this fall, actually! It’s such a staple part of autumn for me, and to eat one that I’ve made myself would be absolutely special.
- Getting to my blogiversary! I’m pretty darn sure I’ll still be posting by January – I really hope I will be – but hey, things change. I’m definitely hoping that works out! Blogiversaries are so much fun!
- Fully writing my Mayan/Tikal story! I work on stories in bursts, and I wasn’t as productive with it on my blogging break as I’d hoped, as you guys know by now. Either way, I really hope and pray that it becomes a full novel one day, because I have sooo many ideas, and it’s the first story I really feel like I could weave into one driven by a gripping plot – a first for me.
- Starting to study famous figures and time periods in history! I’m really planning to do this next summer once I’m done with school, as I’ll have more time on my hands, and I can’t wait to get started with that. I’m fascinated by so many people throughout history, as well as specific time periods. Just a few off the tip of my tongue are Alexander Hamilton, Ancient Egypt, Marquis de Lafayette, American History (obviously lol), Ancient Greece, Benjamin Franklin, Robert Boyle, etc!
- Getting better at cooking! I tend to enjoy baking treats and desserts more, but the handful of times I’ve made dinner for my family has made me happy, so I really should pursue expanding my knowledge on cooking over baking!
- Reading the other four books in the Heavenly Daze series! Like I mentioned yesterday, the first book in the series was absolutely amazing, and I know that the rest of the books will be fantastic, too!
- Learning to play a full song on the piano! If I can just find the chords to Jordan Feliz’s How Long, I would learn them SO quickly and then my life would be complete hahah
- Moving to a new place! This will most likely happen next year, but I’m still excited about and looking forward to it! We need to move ❤ the house and neighborhood situation is often upsetting where we are now.
That’s it for my list! As you could probably tell, it was a mixture of long- and short-term goals; I knew that it would be easier for me to do that than to break it up into two posts! 😂 I’ll probably do a second part to this post when I have more exciting aspirations to share, but for now, I’ll leave you guys to enjoy your Saturday!
How about you?
What are YOU looking forward to?
What have you accomplished this week?
Hello everyone – how are you all on this fine Friday? Welcome to this week’s Little Accomplishments!
You know what I just realized? It has been a full month since I did one of these posts!! 😱 What?! That’s crazyyy 😂 I figured five weeks was enough time away from this enjoyable Friday series, so I’m back for another one today.
((Quick Life Update: It turns out that my cold is actually strep throat, a sickness I get quite often. I feel soooo bad today 😭 I can’t talk, can barely eat … Please keep me in your prayers, guys!!))
As you guys can probably guess, I got lots of things done on my blogging break, but I’ll go more into detail on what those things were on the post I’ll be doing on the first of August. For my Little Accomplishments, I’ll just mention what I achieved here recently.
Let’s celebrate all of life’s joys – no matter how small!
Here recently, I…
- completed a few different coloring pages. (I absolutely love how they turned out!!)
- updated my blog’s sidebar. (Wanna take a look? Haha it has been forever since I added any new widgets, and the ones I decided on are pretty cool.)
- finished reading three books. (A book on Guatemala, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, and a lovely novel called The Island of Heavenly Daze! The last title I mentioned is the first book in a series of five, so I’m super excited to check out the rest of those!)
- cleaned up my room. (I dusted, organized … normal stuff! I do it every once in a while)
- learned some of the major piano chords. (My piano learning progress is going slower than I’d like, but oh well. Such is life! I’m taking it a day at a time and learning as I feel inspired.)
Comment what YOU’VE done this week down below – last Saturday through today!
I hope that you all had a fantastic week, everyone, and that this upcoming week will be amazing, too!