Helloooo everyone! Happy Thursday to all of you! And a hearty welcome back to your bi-weekly does of my tasty treats. ❤
Today, I have a dessert so simple to make that my mom came up to me one late afternoon, asked “Do you want to make a cake?” and she and I had it baked and frosted before dinner was on the table. (Alright, I take that back; she frosted it right after dinner. Details, details.) This vanilla dump cake is delicious, super quick, and such an easy treat to fix!
If you have the ingredients listed below, an electric mixer, measuring spoons and a few mixing bowls, then you’re good to go. ❤
I’m going to share the recipe for the cake and the frosting, since they’re both so short, then I’ll post a few pictures of my experience with making it! (Special thanks to my mom for her baking and photography help. ❤ )
Vanilla Dump Cake
1-3/4 (and an 1/8) cup flour
1-1/2 cups sugar
1 cup margarine
1 1/8 cup milk
2-1/4 tsp baking powder
1-1/2 tsp vanilla
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter
2-1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 1/2 Tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a 13 x 9 glass baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, beat all ingredients together with an electric mixer on medium speed, scraping bowl occasionally, until well blended.
3. Pour into the prepared glass baking dish.
4. Bake for about 40 or until golden brown and a knife inserted comes out clean.
(Time and done-ness varies depending on what pan/dish you use!)
1. Cream butter in medium mixing bowl, then add vanilla.
2. Add powdered sugar one cup at a time, beating on medium speed.
3. Add milk; beat on high until completely blended.
4. Spread evenly over warm cake!
Thank you so much for reading, guys! There are few treats I like more than a basic vanilla cake – and this one is so easy to make. My mom has actually been baking this one for years, and I’ve always loved the thick frosting, the moist cake, and while I think it’s very good with strawberries on top, it is also fantastic on its own!