Hi guys! How is your day going? I hope that you are happy, and that whatever you’re up to today, your day has been and will continue to be enjoyable. 🙂 ❤
Yesterday’s prompt was all about things I’ve already learned, and today’s prompt is about things I would still like to learn! This is actually the prompt I’m the most excited about writing, because it got me thinking about all of the different subjects I’m very interested in learning more about. Check out the list I came up with below!
Things I Would Still Like To Learn [About]
- History. I am insanely interested in and in love with this subject, and despite how much I’ve already learned, there’s always more. To name a few I haven’t touched on very much yet, there’s American history, ancient Egypt, ancient Greece, and Britain’s history. (They’re all things I learned a bit about in school, but am looking forward to still learning more about 🙂 )
- Geography. I think that it would be really cool to know more about where countries are in relation to each other, as well as country/state capitals. I’m especially wanting to learn about Europe, Central America, and South America.
- Theology. Only just recently did I learn what this subject was, and since then, I’ve been interested in digging deeper into it. 🙂
- Biology. For 10th grade science, I took a course in biology, but there’s still sooo much I have yet to learn about! For example, how plants work, why different animals behave the way they do, etc.
- Chemistry. Ahhh yes!!! I already love this one so much. However, I haven’t searched for any really good resources yet to continue my study of this, so that is on pause for now. One day, I’ll learn more about cell structure, the periodic table itself, how chemical compounds work, different brilliant chemists/alchemists, and so much more.
- Linguistics. For the last couple of years, I have been extremely interested in different languages. If I hear anyone out in public speaking in another language, I am fascinated, and always so excited when I catch a word here and there, haha. There truly isn’t a language I don’t want to learn, but the first five that come to mind (not including Spanish) are French, Italian, Russian, Portuguese, and Korean. (Honestly not sure where the last one came from! But it would be very interesting.) There are also different Mayan languages spoken in Guatemala by the indigenous people, and their native tongues would be so, SO cool to learn one day.
- Anatomy. I have a feeling that if I had a better understanding of how the human body works, there wouldn’t be so many things that freak me out. If I had a scientific understanding of the different functions, I think that would open my mind to how intricately designed and masterfully created our bodies are, and no longer feel afraid of so much. 🙂
- Color. Apparently, as I found out not too long ago, people have done studies on color – how humans/animals respond to them, how colors are created and what they symbolize, etc … it’s something I’d have to learn more about to fully understand, but from what I know now, it sounds really neat!
- Foreign Cultures. From Native Americans, to the Mayan empire, to the ancient Chinese dynasties … there’s still so much I have to learn.
Among the various activities and skills I’d like to learn one day are the piano keyboard, knitting, basic automobile knowledge (in the event that I need to change a tire or do something under the hood when I’m out by myself), amigurumi, and maybe some gardening skills, too. 🙂
Thanks for reading, guys! I really enjoyed writing this post, as it has got me thinking about how I can dig deeper into all of these subjects once I finish with school next year! So, how about you?
What’s something YOU’D still like to learn?