Happy Friday, everyone, and welcome to day two of me switching out the day’s prompt for one that I can answer! Unfortunately, I don’t have a business of my own at this time, so “why I started my business” isn’t exactly something I can write about. Haha! Let’s get on with the prompt I chose for today – favorite sounds.
(not including music.)
- laughter. Just as long as it’s not at someone else’s expense, it is definitely my most favorite sound – especially when it’s contagious. I really do think it’s great when the person’s laugh is better than the joke itself.
- the chainlift of roller coasters. I’m always both excited and very anxious to be at amusement parks, and this sound sends both a rush of thrill and anxiety through me. I’m not sure how I can love and hate it all at the same time. Roller coasters are scary … but also ridiculously fun!
- brewing coffee. I’m not even much of a coffee drinker myself; I just love a good iced latte from time to time. But this sound is still a great one.
- text message alerts. From the people that I love ❤
- running water. You know, small creeks, tiny waterfalls, wide rivers – even sprinklers are fun!
- European accents. This is a sound, right? They get to my heart faster than most things can. ❤
- silly sound effects. Whether it’s on a movie or someone made it with their own mouth, I’m pretty sure that I laugh at the silliest of sound effects every single day.
- lightning. Alright, many of you probably think I’m crazy with this one – but it’s such a powerful sound. And because I’m not afraid of lightning, it’s a reminder to me of the Lord’s power, which causes me to both love and revere Him even more.
- wind. When I’m out in nature, be it my backyard or a state park, I love feeling it sift through my hair, brush the tops of the trees, tickle the leaves, and slide across the surface of once calm waters. It’s a reminder to me of the Lord’s presence. ❤
- people typing on a keyboard. Just like I’m doing right now, haha! It definitely depends on the keyboard, but most have such a nice, tinkly sound, or something.
- musical instruments. I guess this might count as music, but I was thinking more along the lines of songs in that exclusion lol, so I’m counting them as separate things. I love the sound of violins, cellos, pianos, and all types of guitars. Even though I can’t play any of them myself, hearing what others have composed and watching them play (especially live) brings me so much joy.
- listening to people talk about their passions. From a conversation I’m having with someone about their favorite interest, to a beautiful sermon filled to the brim with love for the Lord … chances are, if you’re talking about something that you’re passionate about, I will love to listen.
Thanks for reading today, guys! How about you?
What are some of YOUR favorite sounds?