Warning: Don’t read this post if you’re hungry. I guarantee that today’s prompt will make your stomach grumble even louder than it already is.
I love food. Like, a lot. What human doesn’t? Haha! Although, my tastes are a bit different than most, I should admit; I prefer my cuisine to be … I wouldn’t say bland (although my mom might, haha), but moreso simple. I don’t like many strong flavors, and most things fancy or with special taste/texture (picture 12-year-old me nearly choking on Chicken Cordon Bleu at my aunt’s rehearsal dinner), those things aren’t for me. My daily palette is quite boring, very lacking in extravagant flavor and … most everything, really. Care to hear about my favorite foods now? No? I’m sorry I’ve bored you already. Hahaha!
Favorite Types of Food
- Cheese. I love cheese. I like it as the topping on different dishes, the filling for different dishes, and whole meals focused on it for other dishes! My favorite kinds are Muenster, Monterey Jack, Colby, and Cheddar, but I’m always up for trying other types, too. lol
- Bread. And by bread, I mean sub rolls, croissants, crescent rolls, biscuits, breadsticks, stuff like that – not sandwich bread. Although I do love that as the base for turkey sandwiches! If I’m ever over to your house and you’ve made some type of bread to go with the main dish, I’ll snag two or three – maybe more – of the bread and spend most of the meal eating it.
- Pizza. This kind of goes along with cheese, but not quite! I don’t know what I’d do without pepperoni pizza – and other types of pizza. My favorite pizza place (Stevi B’s) has a specialty type that they serve called ‘chicken fajita.’ Ohhhh, man! ❤
- Crackers. Specifically, Townhouse’s Parmesan Pretzel Crackers – I mean, I love other crackers alright, but there’s something so addictive, and salty and crunchy about these particular ones … I’m serious, if allowed to eat out of the box, I will gladly eat the entire bag. I think a serving is supposed to be like 6 crackers. How about no.
- Pretzels. This might be considered a type of bread (sourdough), but I think of it as a category all its own! I absolutely love soft pretzels from practically anywhere, and pretzel crackers are alright, but what I really like are the soft ones.
- Mexican food. Eh, kind of, anyway – like my mom said, I like the American versions of Mexican foods, hahaha! Mainly nachos, tacos (no tomatoes), Mexican rice, and tortilla chips with awesome Newman’s Own salsa. (Although I’ve recently been cutting back on my spicy food consumption, and my favorite salsa went with it!)
- Chinese food. At this point in my life, I have not expanded my love for Chinese dishes that much – I enjoy a few, but am timid about trying anything new, lol. But I do enjoy Mongolian chicken, spring rolls, sweet-and-sour chicken, orange chicken, and sometimes chicken and broccoli, too. This brings me to my next favorite food:
- Chicken! Goodness, I’m not sure why I didn’t list this sooner. Fun fact: When I was little, the only – yes, only – thing I would order from restaurants was chicken nuggets/tenders and fries. Sad fact: I still do that now. Not because there aren’t other choices. Because I love chicken and fries. Speaking of which!!! This next food I practically LIVE off of:
- Fries!!! I am more than obsessed with fries; it is only on rare occasion that I meet a fry I don’t like. I don’t think I have an addiction, or anything, but I do gobble my serving down every time we go out to eat, and all of my favorite homemade meals come with a side of fries. Haha. I can’t help it!
- Desserts/Candy/Sweets/Treats. This one goes without saying. I love anything sweet and sugary – probably 95%, anyway! Some of my favorites recently have been Scandinavian Swimmers from Trader Joe’s (they’re like Swedish Fish!), my raspberry streusel bars, caramel popcorn from Trader Joe’s, Cadbury eggs and white chocolate Reese’s eggs (from Easter last month!), and anything else we have around the house that’s delicious and sweet, lol.
I have many favorite dishes, so I will give you a quick list of a few favorites from my mom’s blog, as well as my own!
- Buffalo Ranch Chicken and Tater Tot Casserole ~ I’ve been loving this one a lot lately.
- Candied Pecans ~ My whole family loves these! Since posting the recipe, I’ve made them once or twice more – I can never get enough.
- Honey Buffalo Meatballs ~ This dinner is so unique! I honestly don’t think I’ve ever loved another dinner so much before 😀
- Homemade Donut Holes ~ I haven’t made these again and perfected the recipe, but I’m planning on it soon! They were absolutely delicious.
That’s it for today’s post! Thanks for coming by. Are you hungry yet? I sure am!
What are YOUR favorite foods?