Ah, pet peeves. Those little (sometimes big) things that make us cringe, get under our skin.
I, however, am not one who enjoys talking about negative things.
Sometimes, I do think it’s necessary. If I need the support, or if I know it will encourage someone in a similar situation, then I’m up for talking about it. But for the most part, I keep to blogging about and focusing on the joy and happiness I experience … not the things that irritate me.
So, I must say that I am not a fan of today’s prompt. However, this is called a blogging challenge for a reason!
I have found a way to turn this into something positive, as you’ll see down below.
These are my biggest pet peeves, and with each one, I’ve come up with at least one reason why I’m thankful for it. To everything, there’s a reason, am I right??
My Biggest Pet Peeve(s)
- I don’t like it when someone flushes while I’m showering and makes the water run extremely cold. BUT at least there’s any water to wash with at all!
- I don’t like it when someone comes in my bedroom, then leaves the door open when they leave. BUT that gesture of forgetfulness is simply a token of my family’s love! It’s a sign that I don’t live alone!
- I don’t like it when leggings are worn as pants. BUT at least they’re wearing anything at all hahah!!
- I don’t like it when my shirts are hung up on the wrong side of the hanger. BUT how nice that someone hung up my shirts for me!
- I don’t like it when Pinterest suggests a pin that I would never ever pin. BUT isn’t it nice that they were thinking of me?
- I don’t like it when people hit “like” on multiple posts of mine within thirty seconds and then proceed not to comment. BUT it’s very kind of them to come by my blog and up my like count, haha!
- I don’t like it when I go to post a long comment, and then it disappears before I can hit “send.” BUT this sparks my memory skills and creativity when I go to comment again!
- I don’t like it when people play their music too loudly. BUT isn’t it nice that they enjoy their music so much!
- I don’t like how ads pops up before every video I go to watch on YouTube. BUT I am so thankful that I have the ability to watch videos at all!
- I don’t like poor connection problems. BUT having internet available in any quantity is such a blessing!
- I don’t like it when I can see something coming in a book before the characters do. BUT isn’t it nice that I’m so clever? Hahaha!
- I don’t like it when someone, anyone, breathes in/near my face. BUT how nice that they want to be so close to me!
- I don’t like messy spaces. At all. BUT it’s nice that they enjoy having all of their stuff out for all to see!
- I don’t like it when people chew with their mouths open. BUT … uh … no, there’s no pro to this one.
- I don’t like it when movies won’t let me skip the opening previews. BUT they’re just giving me a lesson in Patience 101!
- I don’t like it when people fold over the page instead of finding a bookmark to keep their place. BUT it’s nice that they were reading and enjoying the book, anyway!
- I don’t like it when blogging challenges ask me to talk about my pet peeves. BUT I took on this challenge, and quite enjoyed turning the focus around! Haha!
Can you relate to any of these pet peeves/pros? Let me know down below! Happy Monday, everyone!