Hi, guys 🙂 I hope you’re all having a great day so far.
For a while now, I have been writing the posts in this series set up as weekly recaps, in order to summarize how my week went, and how I felt over the course of each day. Now, however, I’m going to turn Making the Change into a monthly wrap-up, as you probably already saw in the title, hehe. 💕 I may very well do a week recap post again at some point, but for now, it will be a once-a-month type of post. 🙂
This month’s will be broken up into two sections; one for the month that has ended, and another for the month that is coming up! For the past month part, I’m going to reflect on the improvements I made, as well as what I could have done better on. For the upcoming month, I will list what I’d like to focus on improving, the quotes and Bible verses that inspire me for the weeks ahead, and any other thoughts that I have on it.
For anyone new following along, or if you simply need a refresher, you can visit the first post in this series, where I explain what it is all about. Basically, it’s a reminder for me to focus on spreading more kindness in my life as I overcome anger. I have definitely improved since I started making the change back in April … but I know that I still have a ways to go. The encouragement from my family, you guys, and the Lord is what has kept me going – I am so thankful for all of you!
Let’s jump right into this. ❤
Making the Change ~ Monthly Wrap-Up (May-June 2017)
The Past Month: May 2017
Improvements: I worked on finding different activities to do with my 5-year-old brother, Samuel, things that we could both have fun doing together. I reached out to my 13-year-old brother, Joshua, by trying new games with him that he primarily enjoyed more than I did. I was more conscious of how I look and sound when I respond to situations I’m not happy with, and I did my best to be more gentle.
Next Time: I need to go through more with playing pretend with Samuel. I also ended up sounding harsher than I would’ve liked many times, in different situations. I need to pay further attention to how I sound; I need to be gentle and understanding. Instead of responding instantly when I’m upset about something, I need to think through what I’m about to say … I don’t want to have many more of these regrets.
The Upcoming Month: June 2017
- Gentleness. In how I sound, act, and think. ❤
- Forgiveness. Both things unintentional and intentional, for if I desire to be forgiven, I need to do the same for others (Mark 11:25).
- Patience. This is definitely one that I need improving on. Both with myself, as well as my interactions with others, I need to learn to slow down. It kind of goes along with patience, but is slightly different. I know than I can (and will!) learn to slow down. ❤
- Grace. This trait has been defined as “simple elegance or refinement of movement.” I need help in this area like I need air to breathe hahaha
- Self-Control. I will feel upset sometimes … but I do not have to act on those negative feelings.
Quotes and Bible Verses to Inspire:
- “Do everything with so much love in your heart that you would never want to do it any other way.”
- “We rise by lifting others.”
- “Do justly. Love mercy. Walk humbly.” ~ [derived from] Micah 6:8
- “Patience with family is love, patience with others is respect, patience with self is confidence and patience with God is faith.”
- “Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of others.” ~ Philippians 2:3-4 NIV
- “Hatred stirs up strife, but love covers all offenses.” ~ Proverbs 10:12 ESV
- “Everything that God allows to come our way is always with a purpose. He uses even the greatest error and deepest pain to mold us into a better person.”
- “Be the reason someone believes in the goodness of people.”
- “If the words you spoke appeared on your skin, would you still be beautiful?”
“If you can’t be kind, be quiet.”
“See the light in others,
and treat them as if that is all you see.”
“Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins. Show hospitality to one another without grumbling.” ~ 1 Peter 4:8-9
Thank you for reading and following along, everyone. 💖 God bless!
How about you?
What do YOU desire to focus on in June?