So, it appears that yesterday was World Book Day!!! I happily celebrated by reading a children’s classic that I’ve been needing to read for years. (Be on the lookout for that post! It should be up soon.)
Today, I’ll be participating in The Ultimate Book Tag! A lovely blogger that I follow named Prerna posted her answers to the questions yesterday, and she invited all avid readers to participate – so I’m very happy to join in on this awesome tag! You can read Prerna’s post here.
I love answering questions about reading because it is definitely my all-time favorite thing to do. Whether it’s a beautiful work of fiction, or the beautiful inspired words of the Bible, I absolutely love curling up with a book, whether it be morning or evening. As of recently, I have unfortunately been reading less, what with having to juggle blogging, family time, and everything else that interests me, but I will always enjoy the experience of holding a book and bringing the words to life. I’m a storyteller, and I’ve delighted in making stories come alive since I was a young child.
Alright! On with my answers to the questions. ❤
1. Do you get sick while reading in the car? Yes, I’ve had that problem since I was ten or eleven – but the funny thing is, when I recently risked reading while riding in a car (I was hooked on that book), I didn’t feel sick! Maybe it was just the magic of a really good book 😮
2. Which author’s writing style is completely unique to you and why? All authors have their own unique way of writing, and we’re all influenced by what we read, see, and experience. Still, I’d have to say that my favorite is Nora Raleigh Baskin. I’m sure that not many people know who she is, but she wrote one of my favorite novels. It’s called Anything but Typical, and oh, man … I love how she lets the readers get inside the head of Jason, the main character, who has autism. Speaking of which, I’d like to read that book again.
3. The Harry Potter series or Twilight saga? Give three points to defend your answer. As I’ve only read a couple of the HP books and none of the Twilight books, I cannot be for or against either – not really. However, from what I know about both, I know that I love Harry Potter way more!
4. Do you carry a book bag? If so, what is in it (besides books)? I do occasionally. For instance, when I went and researched for my novel at the library last summer, I brought one with me. It contained my study notebook, a few writing utensils, and anything else I needed with me to aid me in story-creating.
5. Do you smell your books? Yes. Yes, I do. #littletonoshame
6. Books with or without little illustrations? Now, this really depends. If the illustrations contain a lot of faces – you know, character depictions – then count me out. It distracts me from my creativity, lol. I like to imagine characters a certain way, and it isn’t the way 98% of illustrators imagine them. But if the illustrations are of scenes the characters have visited, silhouettes of people, and objects significant to the plot, then yes, by all means!! I love those for any story.
7. What is the thinnest book on your shelf? The Merchant of Venice by William Shakespeare. I still need to read that!
8. What is the thickest book on your shelf? ANIMAL. It’s an awesome atlas of the world’s animals that my aunt got for me for my 10th birthday. Not only does it remind me of her, but it is also a great way to read about so many different creatures. I enjoy all of the images it includes.
9. When did you get into reading? I can’t remember a time in my life when I wasn’t reading. Haha! My mom read aloud to me when I was little, and the moment I learned to read myself, I started with board books, then moved on to picture books, then kept working up from there.
10. What is your favorite classic book? The Great Gatsby! I read it for school a few years ago, and the funny thing was that I wasn’t expecting to like it – but I loved it! If you’re a fan of the book and movies, I would love to talk to you about Gatsby in the comments below.
11. In school, what was your best subject? English!
12. If you were given a book as a present that you had read before and hated, what would you do? Well, depending on who gave it to me, I’d either ask them if I could exchange it for another book, or I’d donate it for someone else to enjoy. I love books, but I definitely don’t collect them!
13. What is your favorite word? Why did the word ‘bubble’ pop into my head?? Hahaha! I’m not choosing that as my favorite one, um … I like too many words. I like ones that are fun to say (sphinx, juxtaposition, brontide … bubble), and I also like ones that mean a lot to me (joy, creativity, family, and )
14. Full-on romance or action-packed with a few love scenes mixed in? Full-on romance, allllll the way!!! With movies, on the other hand, I much prefer the action-packed with minimal romance, lol. Romance movies are alright, but I enjoy comedy, action, and mystery way more.
I’d also like to tag anyone else reading this who loves to read!! I have officially tagged you. If you’re interested in answering the questions for yourself, please feel free to do so. xx
I hope that everyone’s Monday has been absolutely beautiful so far! And as a side note, know that I will always be here for any of you if you need me. Whether you need someone to talk to or you need help with something, I’m here for you. Just send me an email (visit my Contact page) or comment on any post.