I have always loooooved candied nuts. However, I don’t eat them very often because I really can’t afford them. 😂
That’s why I was excited when my mom sent me a pin on Pinterest that linked to homemade candied pecans. I made them as soon as I could, and they are absolutely delicious!
What’s great about this treat is that if you already have sugar, cinnamon, salt, and an egg on hand, all you need to buy are the pecans! It calls for 4 cups, but you can easily half it if you aren’t planning on serving a large, pecan-loving family. 😂
Please tell me if you decide to make it! Here’s the recipe! 💜
4 cups pecan halves
1 large egg white
1 Tbsp water
1 cup granulated sugar
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1. Preheat the oven to 300°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or greased foil.
2. In a large bowl, pour in the pecans. In another bowl, whisk together the egg white and the water until they’re blended. Pour the mixture over the pecans and stir until they all have an even coating.
3. In another bowl, mix together the sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Pour over the pecans and stir until they’re all evenly coated.
4. Spread them onto the baking sheet in a single layer and bake for 45 minutes, stirring the pecans every 15 minutes.
5. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.