Hi there! I hope you’re having a fantastic day! ❤ In this post, I will be sharing with you some important updates about my blog. 🙂 Some of them are informative, and others I’m really excited about! I’m going to aim to share one of these posts from time to time to let anyone interested know about the little (and sometimes big!) changes I make around here on Dreaming of Guatemala. Thanks for reading!
Little Blogging Updates | May-June 2018
- I created a blog button! You can put it in your blog’s sidebar, if you’d like to share my site with others! I’d deeply appreciate it! 🙂
- I updated my About page. I’d love to know what you think of it! It’s one of my favorite updates so far – it lets new readers, and even ones that have been around for a while, know what I’m all about right now. Click here!
- At the moment, I’m posting every other day on my blog. This has worked SO efficiently for me lately! It gives me the chance to stay active in the community without it being a daily thing, which I really appreciate! Having an off-day every other day gives me a chance to work on upcoming posts without them being rushed. I love it and highly recommend that you give it a try if you like sharing three to four posts a week!
- I’ll be doing most of my blog post-reading on the weekends. I’ve found that catching up on reading posts is best done on Saturdays, but then there’s also that one week where I’m extremely efficient on a Thursday lol. Either way, if I end up coming by your blog later in the week than usual, please know that I’m still around and eager to read other bloggers’ newest posts! My next update goes along with this one:
- I’m now responding to comments every other day. I don’t want blogging to be something that takes precedence over real life, especially my family, and that means that responding to comments on the days I post is working best for me.
Related Category: Blogging Tips
- My presence in the community will depend on my availability. I’m really hoping to get a job this summer, and I want to be around to help my family make the moving transition into our new house, so there will be days where I post something but I’m not on much.
- I’ll be doing blog coaching bi-monthly. Since I just did one for May, expect to see one for July at the end of next month!
- I’m working on updating my blog categories. Since starting this blog, I’ve added, changed, and moved different categories around, which has slowly killed easy navigation for my posts, haha! I’m fixing this by categorizing everything much more thoroughly, especially breaking down my personal posts and blog series. You can check them out in my sidebar, if you’d like!
Thank you so much for reading! I enjoyed letting you know the updates I’ve been making around here. I hope you have a beautiful week. ❤
Let me know in the comments below:
Do YOU like my blog button?
Happy Friday to you!
Teach Me To Be Gentle
Teach me to be mindful
of every word I say.
Teach me to pause in moments of anger
and simply stop to pray.
Teach me to care for
my siblings when they’re sad.
Teach me to think first
instead of getting mad.
Teach me that there’s more to life
than how I tend to feel.
Teach me to change my perspective
into one that is purely real.
Teach me to be kind
even when others are not.
Teach me to be optimistic
even when it’s on the spot.
Teach me to forgive
and to let go of the past.
Teach me that resentful feelings
were never meant to last.
Teach me to be gentle,
It’s what I desire to be –
For I know that Your power
is made strong in me.
I wrote this poem while pondering my responses to life these last few weeks. There have been struggles, hardships, and confusion, but throughout it all, it has been how I’ve felt and replied to everything that has been affecting me. I have been easily irritable and pessimistic for a while now, and I’m finally realizing that it isn’t WHAT I’m facing but HOW I’m facing it that’s ruining my emotional well-being. While I wouldn’t say that my last month was horrible – I wouldn’t have been blogging normally if that had been true 🙂 – it was certainly tainted with quick, negative responses and hurt feelings. Writing this poem (I’m not a poet, so this is a new experience for me haha) has immensely inspired me to change how I look at my life. It blessed me to write, and I hope that sharing it with you can be an encouragement, as well. ❤
Thanks for reading!
Hello there! Happy Monday to you ❤ I hope your week is getting off to a beautiful start. 🙂 I have mentioned in a few recent posts that my family and I are in the process of moving! With that has come a lot of discussion about packing things, transitions we’ll have to make, etc.
I’ve already had things in my room organized and put away this month, which means that when I actually began packing late last week, it was quite easy to do. However, as I began taking the decor down from the walls, especially the pieces above my desk, I realized just how much my living space means to me.
I love having a reason to tidy my room and then enjoy hanging out in the clean surroundings. It makes me joyful to know that everything is organized and in its place, and having the wall art just right is a blessing, as well.
I realize that by dismantling my current bedroom, I’ll still have all of my favorite decor to decorate my new room with … but it still made me sad to take down the workspace I’ve enjoyed for over a year.
The pictures I’ve shared in this post are of my beloved bookshelf and desk space just before packing them up. It’s bittersweet to know my living space won’t look exactly like this again, but I’m ecstatic over all the possibilities I’ll have for interior decorating once we move! I’m planning on browsing Amazon and Etsy, as well as a few stores, in the weeks to come. 🙂
To end this post, I’d like to share how thankful I am to be able to have my own room while living at home. While the thought of sharing a room with one of my younger siblings wouldn’t bother me in theory, I’ve realized that having a space in the house that is my own has provided me with solitude I can’t find anywhere else in the house. There’s something about spending a quiet evening in my room, relaxing and winding down for the day that absolutely refreshes me. Plus, it provides me with a space every morning where I can thank the Lord for each new day. ❤
Thank you for reading today’s post! I would appreciate your thoughts and prayers for me and my family over our move. 🙂 I hope you have a beautiful week ahead! Happy blogging ❤